Avid BB7 Brakes

jerryfudd
jerryfudd Posts: 343
edited November 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi,

I've got these brakes on my mountain bike and they work great when setup correctly - right up until the point I have to remove and refit the front wheel (which I have to do 3 times a day, back is always left on and thefore have no issue) and then the distance from the pad to the disc always seems to be too close on one side or the other causing the wheel to bind meaning more pad adjustment and its really getting annoying.

Anyone else have a simialr issue or clues on how to resolve it? - unfortunately keeping the wheel removing to a minimum isnt really an option :(

thanks,

Dan

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    you are not refitting the front wheel the same each time.

get in the habit of doing it exactly the same each time.

but yes even then it will need a few aplications to settle. same with all brakes. and make sure the static pad adjuster is not free to rotate.

and finally using a transport spacer between the pads could help.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • thanks, I didn't think using a QR there would be much difference on where the disc position was.

Dan
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    best way is to pop the wheel in then with the wheel on the ground lean on the bike and then tighten the Qr
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown