Niner Air9

adebisi
adebisi Posts: 52
edited November 2012 in Your mountain bikes
Here's a few shots of me ride. The wheels are really the best part. 35mm wide (30mm inner width) they give a much better feeling and eliminate all wobbling I experienced with the rims with 19mm inner width. They also allow you to use ridiculously low pressures giving you more traction and extra cushioning on the rough and muddy trails.

Frame: Niner AIR 9
Forks: RockShox Reba RL 29er 100mm
Wheels: Velocity P35 + Hope Evo2 hubs + Brave Titanium QRs
Headset: FSA Orbit MX
Brakes: Formula Oro K18
Shifters: Shimano SLX
Front Mech: Shimano SLX
Rear Mech: Shimano SLX Shadow
Cables: Gore Ride On fully sealed
Cranks: Raceface Atlas AM w/ Raceface Turbine chainwheels 32-22
Pedals: Shimano PD-M540

attachment.php?attachmentid=9097&d=1352549978

attachment.php?attachmentid=9096&d=1352549975

attachment.php?attachmentid=9094&d=1352549967

Comments

• Team515
    Team515 Posts: 141
    nice.
  • Team515 wrote:
    nice.
    Thanks =)

Inspired by all this overwhelming positive feedback, I've decided to upload another pic. Sorry about the bad quality but I'm sure you'll get the idea...

So, here's a pic of my Niner Air next to a friend's Charge Duster (both frames muddy and in size M). I find the photo very illustrative showing the difference between 26ers and 29ers. The smartest of Sherlocks out there might also notice slight changes in my setup.

attachment.php?attachmentid=9172&d=1353435853
  • Lovely bike. The duster looks so tiny next to yours!
  • Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    Tasty, nice colour! And that change would be the seatpost! What's my prize?! I only noticed cause I thought it looked awful in the first pic! I'm not a fan of silver!
  • I thought the silver looked great!
  • I thought the silver looked great!
    That's because you ride steel. I didn't fancy silver parts at first but once I got myself a steel road frame I've grown into liking it.

Another reason for choosing white and silver is that orange is a very difficult colour to match with others. In my eyes, orange-black combo just looks too heavy. I've already lost count on how many times I've cursed my choice of frame (for its looks) because I've had to skip good bargains. But now I think I've found a good match with purple for small parts (e.g. quick releases).
  • Greer_ wrote:
    Tasty, nice colour! And that change would be the seatpost! What's my prize?! I only noticed cause I thought it looked awful in the first pic! I'm not a fan of silver!
    That's one of the changes. There are two more...
    Your reward would be the honorable position as the Sherlock of the Day.
  • Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    Hmm new pedals ... but can't see the other change!
  • yeah,i think so,Lovely bike. The duster looks so tiny next to yours! thanks 1.gif