Titanium Colnago winter trainer

Rod Edwards
Rod Edwards Posts: 61
edited January 2013 in Your road bikes
My colnago titanium winter trainer :) Resprayed under Dave Marsh cycles. I was wondering what you guys think? :D

http://i45.tinypic.com/2jbl7hj.jpg

Comments

• RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Pink, it's pink.
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    RideOnTime wrote:
    Pink, it's pink.

I see you've finished your 'game' now :);):);):D;):)

As above - it's pink...

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • That's the lighting :) tis actually red :D
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    Something funny going on with the way your chain contacts the big chainring :P

2jbl7hj.jpg
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    That's the lighting :) tis actually red :D

That's a relief. :D

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • Probably because It's not quite in gear at the moment. If i'd known I'd get such a grilling then I'd never have posted my bike ;) haha
  • ed_j
    ed_j Posts: 335
    Winter? Noooooo. What I'd give for a retro Titanium Colnago with look forks... :oops:
  • Ed J wrote:
    Winter? Noooooo. What I'd give for a retro Titanium Colnago with look forks... :oops:

What bike do you ride then? :)
  • living in the city i really respect and appreciate people who go to the trouble of putting together a winter bike, even if it just means adding mudguards. cycling behind someone sans mudguards on a rainy day is infuriating. one day soon, i have plans to fill a water bottle with muddy water and when i get stuck behind someone with no mudguards i'll push forewards, overtake and spray the contents of the bottle over my shoulder into their face, and then sprint off.

top work my friend :)
  • ed_j
    Ed J wrote:

What bike do you ride then? :)

A 1994 Principia RSL, retro but not quite as cool!
  • saprkzz
    saprkzz Posts: 592
    That reminds me of me of my 1989 Klein Rascal MTB in Magenta (pink) & Black rear stays.
  • RideOnTime
    declan1 wrote:
    RideOnTime wrote:
    Pink, it's pink.

I see you've finished your 'game' now :);):);):D;):)

As above - it's pink...

No :D:):D:):D :shock: :shock: :? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
  • RideOnTime
    This though does nothing to help Rod Edwards. For which I feel ashamed.
  • RideOnTime
    :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
  • hahah :) trust me, it's postbox red :D i agree on the topic of mudguards from jonahr.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    It's not often you hear the words "Colnago" and "winter trainer" together :-)
  • Paul 8v wrote:
    It's not often you hear the words "Colnago" and "winter trainer" together :-)

My winter commuting bike is a Colnago World Cup with lights and full mudguards.

I too have a Colnago titanium (CT1) but as it is totally immaculate I only use it on dry summer days. I'm not (quite) as fussy about the C40 or C50 though.

bc
    2013 Colnago Master 30th Anniversary
    2010 Colnago C50
    2005 Colnago C40
    2002 Colnago CT1
    2010 Colnago World Cup
    2013 Cinelli Supercorsa
    2009 Merckx LXM
    1995 Lemond Gan Team
  • RideOnTime
    :D:D:D :roll: :roll: :D:D :roll: :roll: :D:D:D
  • Are you sure that's a Colnago? What year and what model?

For me the top tube and the location of the DT cable stops say otherwise.

I'd bet you 20 quid that's an Omega (circa 2006, just before they went "bust") ti. The top tube and rear stays are the big give-away. Interested to hear about its provenance.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • RideOnTime
    20 quid is a lot of money. a lot of money. are you sure?
  • ed_j
    RideOnTime wrote:
    20 quid is a lot of money. a lot of money. are you sure?

If virtually punching someone in the face over an internet board is possible, I think you're probably heading for one from someone :wink:
  • hahah :) well I don't think it is a 2006 omega. It has a 1 inch head tube and is non-integrated, I have had the bike for 3 years now. I bought it off a friend who kept the frame in his house for 4 years and I think he rode it for 2 years but changed his build to a carbon frame. I'll have to contact him but I believe he bought it as a second hand frameset from Dave Marsh (hence the paint job). I agree the cable guides are "wrong" they are on the head tube not the down tube. There is no bottom bracket frame number, only a "0201" stamped on the drive side drop out. If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate any info :) otherwise, i'll have that £20 ;) hahah
  • The tube profiles look very similar to my (Colnago) Ovalmaster, which I also use a winter bike. Specifically the 'Master' shaped top tube and the beefy down tube.

Does your seat tube have a separate shim? Mine came with the original shim to fit a 28.0mm seat post, but the shim could be swapped to fit a different sized seat post.

Red - they do look good in red. (Mine is the 'Geo' paint scheme, and is my only non-red bike).

Enjoy it,

David
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    jonahr wrote:
    living in the city i really respect and appreciate people who go to the trouble of putting together a winter bike, even if it just means adding mudguards. cycling behind someone sans mudguards on a rainy day is infuriating. one day soon, i have plans to fill a water bottle with muddy water and when i get stuck behind someone with no mudguards i'll push forewards, overtake and spray the contents of the bottle over my shoulder into their face, and then sprint off.

top work my friend :)

Simple answer to that - don't wheel suck. End of. If you can that is......

I have a feeling that if you do go ahead with your plan that all they will do is ride you down then punch you in every genital you have.

Funky pinky red bike though.