Best Route at FOD with limited time.

CommyAdam
CommyAdam Posts: 70
edited November 2012 in Routes
Hey all,

just so happens i am in Forest of Dean area this weekend and have about an hour or perhaps two in order to ride. With such limited time, and not being from the area whatsoever, i was wondering what anyone would reccomend trail wise?

I tend to ride Trail Centres like Llandegla, Lee Quarry, Gisburn, Sherwood Pines and can manage black and red routes on my Meta SX at all of them. Should i go for the Verderers Trail which is blue i notice but seems to get a lot of attention on youtube or the other one, freeminers i think, which is classed as red but doesnt seem to receive praise like the other one does? I am looking for challenges and more down than up if i'm honest....

Any advice welcome, please ask if i need to clarify my shoddily put together request!

Comments

• The red is crap...

Do the verderers and then take your meta on the DH, you'll love it!
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    ^^^^^ what Ben said above. The red is poo and gets really boggy in the wet. The blue is not taxing at all but great fun and then do some dh for a test :-)
  • Thanks guys! did as reccomended, the blue was fun but as you said it was a bit tame, until the last section which was fantastic. Did some of the DH runs after that, bike didnt cope so well in the thick mud but had a great time, bit bigger and steeper than i'm used to but very fun! Might have to come back for an uplift day at some point...
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    CommyAdam wrote:
    Thanks guys! did as reccomended, the blue was fun but as you said it was a bit tame, until the last section which was fantastic. Did some of the DH runs after that, bike didnt cope so well in the thick mud but had a great time, bit bigger and steeper than i'm used to but very fun! Might have to come back for an uplift day at some point...

glad you enjoyed it mate :)