Did you know...

mr_goo
mr_goo Posts: 3,770
edited November 2012 in The bottom bracket
That if the entire population of the world gathered in one place and all jumped at the same time. The earth would move by one tenth the width of a hydrogen atom.
Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.

Comments

• lucan2
    lucan2 Posts: 293
    Who says?
  • More to the point who cares
  • DrKJM
    DrKJM Posts: 271
    Lucan2 wrote:
    Who says?

This guy.

http://what-if.xkcd.com/8/

As to who cares, well its fun for those of us on the geekier side to consider these ridiculous calcs. Some good stuff on the xkcd whatif strand.
  • So if we jumped for ages does this mean we could dislodge Stoke. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Mr Goo wrote:
    That if the entire population of the world gathered in one place and all jumped at the same time. The earth would move by one tenth the width of a hydrogen atom.
    Fair enough, but it would have to be in UK 'cos Abu Qatada refuses to leave. :oops:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    'They' used to say the world's population could fit on The Isle of Wight, did the population increase so much that they had to move this imaginary feat to Rhode Island?

Bl00dy Americans! :D

Is it OK to slander an entire nation on a social network or will they all sue me?
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    So if we jumped for ages does this mean we could dislodge Stoke. :D

No.

Sh1t sticks.

The older I get, the better I was.

• jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Can we do this at my place of work? I have an absolute cun7 who sits next to me that we could all jump on (and team47b - he's an American (a smelly, obnoxious one!)
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • So if we jumped for ages does this mean we could dislodge Stoke. :D

Would you want to dislodge Stoke? There is no knowing where it might go to.....
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    Mr Goo wrote:

Why don't we try it. Careful though, Chasey might fall into the gap.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,329
    So if we jumped for ages does this mean we could dislodge Stoke. :D

Just Stoke ? What about Milton keynes, Swindon and Margate ?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,329
    We had something like this before:

viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=12872644&p=17807752#p17807752
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    The world population could fit in an apple.
  • DrKJM
    DrKJM Posts: 271
    lawrences wrote:
    The world population could fit in an apple.

Only if you squeezed them all VERY hard. Don't think you'd get much sense out of them afterwards.