Dartmoor advice

shaunlfc1
shaunlfc1 Posts: 132
edited November 2012 in Routes
Hi,

I am going to Finlake in a couple of weeks with friends and we want to do at least 2 days top riding. We are all experienced advanced intermediates. Used to big days out in the Peaks, lakes etc.... etc.... obviously at this time of year there are local advisory's regarding ride/route choices.

Can anyone suggest a few cracking routes/loops on Dartmoor? We have vans so can commute to different start points etc...

Love rocky, techy descents and climbs and fast XC/bridleways etc... etc... Just do not want to end up with too much bog trotting as we do not know the area at all.

Advice and suggestions hugely appreciated. I have Memory Map as well if that helps.

Thanks,

Shaun

Comments

• I would suggest the route that was in MBUK a few years back that takes you through Lustleigh cleave and down the 'Nutcracker' then on towards Hound Tor etc. Some really good singletrack. Suggest starting at the car park at the bottom of Trendlebere down which is on the road out of Bovey Tracey so only about a 10 minute drive from Finlake.

From the car park you can descend down to the river Bovey and follow the routes up (and down) through the woods. It will be wet but it does drain quite quickly.
  • Thanks for that. Sounds good. Certainly don't mind it wet just prefer to ride then hike or trudge through swamps :) I've downloaded a mbr killer loop as can't find the mbuk version.

Cheers
  • camerauk
    camerauk Posts: 1,000
    If you have a GPS I can send you a couple of local routes we do :)
    Specialized Camber Expert
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • Sorry my mistake it was the mbr killer loop ! My brother who is far better than myself really enjoyed it and remember to stop off for a cuppa @ 'the hound of the basket meals' !