NO! Fenton!!...Jesus Christ... FENTON!!!

ocdupalais
ocdupalais Posts: 4,234
edited November 2012 in Pro race
Froome's either been stitched up, or he needs to shut up, surely?
Talking in hindsight about choices made in the heat of battle as "cautious"... that's easy, isn't it?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/froome- ... -de-france

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Oh come on.

He's just showing a bit of personality and wearing his heart on his sleeve. At least he's not one of those media trained guys. The sport needs more characters.

Typical British attitude etc etc

:P
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,234
    I get it - this is the bit where "nobber" gets replaced by "character"?

Oh well, I suppose when people demanded "characters" they didn't specify which type...
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    But Froome had an easy ride in the Tour with his only worry to sit on Wiggins wheel for 90% of the time.

No worries, mate.
    It will be different if he is a team leader. maybe he could be a team leader in the Vuelta. :roll:
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    The older hands at the cycling club referred to this as Silly Season. Everyone is frustrated at not being out racing and starts to whinge about how the club is run. It goes away in the Spring
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    The older hands at the cycling club referred to this as Silly Season. Everyone is frustrated at not being out racing and starts to whinge about how the club is run.

Chad says......Wot no pubs on the club run. :?:
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • Fenton does a little bit of clarification/back-tracking*

http://www.chris-froome.com/diary/50-di ... -de-france

*delete as appropriate
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    You can just feel the love.
  • Just read that and not sure why he didn't just type, 'I hate Wiggins!' over and over again.
  • am guessing that they wont be roomies at the forthcoming Sky training camps
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    "The one point of the race which I felt a bit disappointed was on the summit finish of Peyragudes on Stage 17 which was won by Valverde. We had dropped all the other riders who were even remotely a threat to us and I felt I had the legs to go after Valverde. I asked Wiggins if I could go, he told me it would be pointless."

Wasnt it the other way round after the stage? I thought he said then that Wiggo was saying go for the stage but he said didnt want to... Its all PR isnt it i suppose, none of it means anything.
  • ---