• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    Let's go through this again,

Wheels = bicycle
    Legs = horse
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Can't be true. Only dirty, dirty cycling has a drugs problem.

And what benefit does a jockey get from taking PEDs? There's no benefit at all from taking a diuretic that will help him lose weight... or something that would help him be strong and lucid enough to ride 7 winners in a day, etc. etc.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    he's been taking the opposite of Human Growth Hormone
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    Crozza wrote:
    he's been taking the opposite of Human Growth Hormone
    :lol:
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    edited November 2012
    He's probably just back on Uncle Boonen's Magic Sherbert again.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95 wrote:
    He's probably just back on the Uncle Boonen's Magic Shergar again.

Sorry. Poor taste.
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    or perhaps been sniffing quality glue of the make 'shergar'?
  • What a joke.

When Kieran Fallon was banned by the French authorities after testing positive for a metabolite of a banned substance at Chantilly in 2009 he was banned six months. He tested positive again at Deauville on August 19 2007, a second offence for which he received an 18-month ban.
    Gallagher was banned by the French authorities for six months in 2000 having tested positive for cocaine on three occasions and was handed a further 18-month suspension when failing another test at Newton Abbott in September 2002.

When are there sports going to get even close to similar levels of testing as cycling.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • What a joke.

When Kieran Fallon was banned by the French authorities after testing positive for a metabolite of a banned substance at Chantilly in 2009 he was banned six months. He tested positive again at Deauville on August 19 2007, a second offence for which he received an 18-month ban.
    Gallagher was banned by the French authorities for six months in 2000 having tested positive for cocaine on three occasions and was handed a further 18-month suspension when failing another test at Newton Abbott in September 2002.

When are there sports going to get even close to similar levels of testing as cycling.

I'm not sure which sports of a similar size/scale come even close tbh
  • Yorkman
    Yorkman Posts: 290
    Dettori has a caution for possession of Cocaine as well, albeit a long time ago.
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    Was talking about this at work as I could not understand why a Jockey would need to take PEDS. But its a combination to keep the weight down and the large number of races they do in a day which is really exhausting. "pick me" ups are apparently common from our alleged racing fan (i.e gambling addict)
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    I believe his lawyer has said it's not a PED, so presumably it's the Bolivian marching powder. The BBC racing pundit said the ban "could be weeks, or even months".
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    It's a little bit pathetic to point the finger at a charlie snorting jockey as an excuse not to feel better about the massive problem of PEDs in cycling.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • zammmmo
    zammmmo Posts: 315
    rebs wrote:
    Was talking about this at work as I could not understand why a Jockey would need to take PEDS. But its a combination to keep the weight down and the large number of races they do in a day which is really exhausting. "pick me" ups are apparently common from our alleged racing fan (i.e gambling addict)

possibly some sort of stimulant or amphetamine would be useful but perhaps limited when 95% of the work is being done by the horse :roll:
  • zammmmo wrote:
    rebs wrote:

possibly some sort of stimulant or amphetamine would be useful but perhaps limited when 95% of the work is being done by the horse :roll:

Those horses are off their tits on PEDS
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    Hes not having a good time is he, not many winners last year (1998 since it was this bad) and fired by the sheik.

Hes got 5 kids and is in his early 40's. Even if he wasn't on the stuff his whole career i can see how he might be driven through desperation to use it.

I have some sympathy for him and, jokes apart, its odd how its being joked about in here without the howling indignation that would have come had a cyclist done it.

Which might go someway to explaining why drugs aren't going away any time soon. People at large dont really are too much.
  • This sent some waves through the Tri community this week

http://www.slowtwitch.com/News/A_4_year ... _3219.html
  • Hes not having a good time is he, not many winners last year (1998 since it was this bad) and fired by the sheik.

Hes got 5 kids and is in his early 40's. Even if he wasn't on the stuff his whole career i can see how he might be driven through desperation to use it.

I have some sympathy for him and, jokes apart, its odd how its being joked about in here without the howling indignation that would have come had a cyclist done it.

Which might go someway to explaining why drugs aren't going away any time soon. People at large dont really are too much.

You talk as though you have zero idea about anything cocaine related.

All he would of been doing is enjoying himself getting drunk and doing a few lines like shedloads of people do every weekend , nothing abnormal , its pretty standard , go in any pub toilet cubicle on a friday/saturday night and you will find the evidence of its use , people are at it everywhere.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Or he took a performance enhancing drug to enhance his performance.