Cannondale Trail SL3 29er single speed + Thomson, everywhere

theuncharmed
theuncharmed Posts: 97
edited January 2013 in Your mountain bikes
Hi all,

I was stuck for where to place some of my work benefits and I thought, why the hell not get a new bike on the Cyclecheme? So here it is; my new Cannondale 29er single speed.

Of course I couldn't not upgrade her, so I added a Thomson bar (still waiting on delivery), stem, stem cap, seat post (masterpiece, naturally) and seat collar to the mix. It's all rather silly and technically a waste of money on a bike like this, but still, it's really nice.

I've also added some new Continental 29er Mountain King 2 protections as well, which are lovely! Oh and some Shimano MX30 pedals. I've never had them before, but I think I'm growing to like them (use the long pins though). Oh and ODI Rogue grips! I really did spend far too much money on this bike before even swinging a leg over it.

Next up will be discs, but I'm kinda liking the simplicity of the cable discs and will see how they fair through the next couple of rides.

Would be interested to hear what you think :) But I'm well chuffed with it!

5A68FCF5-8426-483D-9537-18E746630EF0.JPG

Here's my first impressions and some more photos.
http://simplyseanie.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/cannondale-trail-sl-29er-3-ss-photos.html

Comments

• Nice looking bike and was thinking if doing the same.

Was wondering if it has tabs for gear cables on it as I'd probably want to put some gears on at some point?
    wilkij1975 wrote:
    Was wondering if it has tabs for gear cables on it

Sadly no, it's a single speed forever this one.
  • emseens
    emseens Posts: 146
    Shame, that these bikes don't come to Europa any more.
  • Hi, got one myself on bike to work. Never had a single speed before, or a mountain bike (always been a roadie) but wanted a change. I agree with you about the colour and I was very impressed with the ride home. Just feels undergeared for me so I'll have to change the ratio's
    wilkij1975 wrote:
    Was wondering if it has tabs for gear cables on it

Sadly no, it's a single speed forever this one.

I've looked at these a bit more and every picture I see, it looks like if has gear stops. So I contacted Cannondale and they said that it does and a replaceable gear hanger. I'm now very confused as your one clearly doesn't.

Anyway, how you finding it? I'm still thinking of one on my works cycle scheme.
  • dmorton
    dmorton Posts: 244
    The model reviewed in What MTB did have gear cable tabs and a derailleur hanger in the pictures.... what's going on?