This isn't over, not by a long chalk....

2»

Comments

• Explosive Newsnight in the pipeline tonight apparently...
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • Explosive Newsnight in the pipeline tonight apparently...

Please god let that not be a euphemism for your toilet habits. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • zanelad
    zanelad Posts: 269
    Thought it quite funny seeing footage of Freddie Starr denying allegations of grouping a young girl, while being filmed with his 24 year old fiance by his side.
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    And she looked just like the girl highlighted in the film clipfrom archive.max Clifford needed as well as a good lawyer
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • On the flip side, I'm sure all the money he raised for charity will be given back by those organisations who benefited so much from all his hard work.....

Interesting dilemma there, perhaps?

Bloody good point - doesn't in any way justify what he is alleged to have done, but does highlight the double-standards that run through our society.
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • Raymondo60 wrote:
    On the flip side, I'm sure all the money he raised for charity will be given back by those organisations who benefited so much from all his hard work.....

Interesting dilemma there, perhaps?

Bloody good point - doesn't in any way justify what he is alleged to have done, but does highlight the double-standards that run through our society.

Ever occured to you the man was a peadophile, and his charity work was just a means to an end to allow him to get access to young girls?
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Dave Lee Travis invites Tony Blackburn to his pool party. Tony turns up bringing Jimmy Saville and Gary Glitter along with him. Dave Lee Travis takes Tony to one side and says the invitation said make sure you bring a pair of speedos.
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • Paul Daniels.

Where do you think his saying came from?
    "You'll like this, but not a lot"

He is weird, Paul Daniels, he has a fixation which nearly led to him, genuinely, getting a bullet in the head from a notorious gangland family. :cry:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    I'll humour you,

Please explain.
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    Zanelad wrote:
    Thought it quite funny seeing footage of Freddie Starr denying allegations of grouping a young girl, while being filmed with his 24 year old fiance by his side.
    Freddy Star's 34 year old wife is quoted as saying "He has never done anything like this in the 25 years that we've been together" :D

Warning, this may not be factual.
  • The BBC will do its utmost ot make it difficult to oust those they have any dirt on. Newsnight for example, if they want to show they have nothing to hide then they should act like it. Whole thing is a mess and we will never get the truth "due to the unique way the BBC is funded" etc etc

Funny how Gary Glitter would sing do you wanna be in my gang my gang, but its more of a ring isnt it?
  • i know he was keen on cycling but i never knew the nonce was in the tour of britain in 1951?

http://www.tour-racing.co.uk/html/1950s_bio_s.html#S

(sorry alleged nonce) for the PC police
  • The BBC will do its utmost ot make it difficult to oust those they have any dirt on. Newsnight for example, if they want to show they have nothing to hide then they should act like it. Whole thing is a mess and we will never get the truth "due to the unique way the BBC is funded" etc etc

Funny how Gary Glitter would sing do you wanna be in my gang my gang, but its more of a ring isnt it?

No doubt the BBC, along with other bodies have questions to answer as in the police, the press, the NHS but don't lose sight of who the real criminal is here (allegedly) JIMMY SAVILE. Peadophiles are cunning devious sorts and will go to any end to satisfy their needs.
    Tail end Charlie

• jim453
    No Frank,

I fear Jeff may be right. This is looking more and more like the work of a very organised and well connected peadophile ring. I think we will be shocked if the investigation is 'allowed' to uncover the extent of the criminal activity.
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    I feel sorry for the numpties that bought Jimmy Sav's old cars and jewellery etc thinking they could make a mint on it!
  • not many I was only thinking the other day i remember some girl on the telly chuffed that she had bought a pair of slippers of his that were "well used" mmmmmmm nice if those slippers could talk. Some people paid a lot for some of his crap.
  • I heard that in the late 60s, he introduced Cream to The Small Faces......
  • lemon63 wrote:
    Please don't let it be Roy Wood or Noddy Holder - christmas just won't be the same :?
    Roy Wood tried shagging my mam in the back of a van when she was 16.

Actually true.
  • JamesB5446 wrote:
    lemon63 wrote:
    Please don't let it be Roy Wood or Noddy Holder - christmas just won't be the same :?

Actually true.
    Strange conversation for mum to have with her child. Unless it was a warning.
    Tail end Charlie

• iainment
    iainment Posts: 992
    JamesB5446 wrote:
    lemon63 wrote:

Actually true.

Your mum. :lol:
    Old hippies don't die, they just lie low until the laughter stops and their time comes round again.
    Joseph Gallivan
  • Well that's cleared that up - Yorkshire Ripper Peter Sutcliffe says Savile is innocent: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/11 ... _hp_ref=uk
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • hes a good character reference. Like Ian Huntley saying Hitler was a bit cheeky in the 1940's
  • I notice the thread concerning allegations against a Tory peer has been scrubbed from here. Hope some folk have learnt a lesson about repeating stupid internet gossip, it's a very modern phenomena and one of the uglier sides of human nature.
  • kentphil
    kentphil Posts: 479
    Probably best its been deleted after the threat of legal action.
    1998 Kona Cindercone in singlespeed commute spec
    2013 Cannondale Caadx 1x10
    2004 Giant TCR
  • jim453
    Does anyone else find it somewhat strange that only now is this guy realising he's made a mistake about the identity of the perpetrator of this crime?

Presumably he would have googled or at least looked into his abuser's life/circumstances over the past twenty five years and would have realised years ago that he'd got the wrong guy?
  • More interestingly, he claims that a policeman told him it was said Peer.
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • Capt Slog wrote:
    The number of people coming forward to say that they were abused is getting rather higher than reason will allow, considering that they all kept it quiet this long. Are some thinking 'compensation' I wonder?
    Text i got yesterday...

'Finding it hard to make ends meet ?'
    'Are your outgoings greater than your income ?'
    Worried about the cost of christmas this year ?'
    'Well now could be a very good time indeed to claim that Jimmy Savile w@nked you off 30 years ago...'

Oh gawld... :? :lol::lol: