Garnier - WADA complicit

Art Vandelay
Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
edited November 2012 in Pro race
[*]This article seems to have been pulled from Cycling News:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-and ... 0&ns_fee=0
Ex- WADA employee, Mr Garnier, has apparently stated WADA were complicit in the Armstrong Omertà.
"Garnier said that the reason no inquiry had been opened was due to of a lack “political willingness”. He added that he felt that the UCI knew that Armstrong was doping. “I remember having discussions at the UCI where a group of informed people were saying that the question wasn’t knowing if he was doping, but knowing which products he was using to dope himself…”

Garnier also alleged that his former employer, WADA, had protected Armstrong after 2005 by holding meetings about the American behind closed doors. “They made all of the directors leave the meetings and they continued as they say ‘in camera’, behind closed doors.” He added that the only people left in the meetings were “the members of the executive committee, WADA’s director general and WADA’s president.”

Has anyone got the full article? It's inflammatory stuff but I've only seen the above transcript.

Comments

• jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    edited November 2012
    This report below, which I originally missed, tells of LA trying to bully Obama to come to one of his rallys otherwise LA will kick off.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/report- ... yond-sport

This is all getting a bit freakin' nuts to be honest. Something about LA's political connections would come in handy with dealing with the USADA.

Good job we haven't got another tyrant in the sport looking to dominate the world; well...except for Team Sky and Rupert Murdock. :twisted:

This sport just cracks me up. :lol:

Jerry
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • This link works so maybe it wasn't pulled (mobile surfing):
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-and ... ng-failure
  • From the article - (Mr Garnier worked at WADA from 2000 - 2010):

"He described the Armstrong affair as “an immense admission of failure for the institutional fight against doping”, explaining that, in his opinion, the UCI and WADA had the ability to act much sooner against the American.
    “A number of elements were in place, in fact most of the elements were there and certainly all of the scientific elements, which would have permitted them to carry out the same work as USADA but several years beforehand,” he said."
  • Gee wiz. I wish this and all the other information was properly presented to the American people so that they can see that their hero is hollow.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    Blimey! Me and the old man were just chatting and I mentioned about LA trying to blackmail US democrat politicians and this reminded me of when Vino threw his hat in to the ring of Russian Politics and soon became consumed by Skeletons falling out of his cupboard (Kolobnev). Vinos downfall from Russian Politics may have had the same outcome as LA threatening embarrassment to the future President of the USA. To which I may surmise that LA may have been brought down by the USADA with the backing of certain US politicians realising that this jumped up cyclist may be becoming a thorn in their side. This hunting of LA was a US led project where disgruntled US Politicians could have been the main drivers. Seems as though the UCI and WADA were in the bag but the USDA, if assisted by outside sources, could bring down LA. I know many Governments have had passing interests in cycling and this could be yet another example.

It just gets better! :twisted:

Jerry

PS- I'm surmising ok.
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    jerry3571 wrote:
    Blimey! Me and the old man were just chatting and I mentioned about LA trying to blackmail US democrat politicians and this reminded me of when Vino threw his hat in to the ring of Russian Politics and soon became consumed by Skeletons falling out of his cupboard (Kolobnev). Vinos downfall from Russian Politics may have had the same outcome as LA threatening embarrassment to the future President of the USA. To which I may surmise that LA may have been brought down by the USADA with the backing of certain US politicians realising that this jumped up cyclist may be becoming a thorn in their side. This hunting of LA was a US led project where disgruntled US Politicians could have been the main drivers. Seems as though the UCI and WADA were in the bag but the USDA, if assisted by outside sources, could bring down LA. I know many Governments have had passing interests in cycling and this could be yet another example.

It just gets better! :twisted:

Jerry

PS- I'm surmising ok.

Excellent! I love conspiracies! Possible as well...
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Gee wiz. I wish this and all the other information was properly presented to the American people so that they can see that their hero is hollow.

They do Frenchie, but most of them wouldnt read it/would nt beleive it. See the fox news reaction to Obama winning the election for an excellent example...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439

Whoa. No PR Guff there!
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017