Canyon Roadlite AL

Taylorhawkins
Taylorhawkins Posts: 51
edited June 2013 in Your road bikes
Well after going three weeks without any bikes due to some delightful people who stole my last two, my insurance money arrived and I replaced my road bike straight away :lol:

Sadly due to a high excess I lost out on replacing my mountain bike :( but did mange to get enough money to replace my race bike and all the parts!

I took delivery yesterday of a brand new Canyon Roadlite AL. In the few months I road my old cube I racked up a fair few miles so got some experience on the Road. In the very few miles I have put on the bike this morning I can already notice big differences! The spec you get on these bikes for the money is amazing! I totally love it, any how her it is :D

photo.jpg

image-2.jpeg

image.jpeg
2009 Cube Ltd Comp - Stolen
2012 Cube Peleton Compt - Stolen
2013 Canyon Roadlite AL

Comments

• yeah lovely that is mate enjoy it and lock it up! good choice im loving the canyons
  • It's now living in the spare room, don't trust the lock up now!
    2013 Canyon Roadlite AL
  • nice
  • I've got the same bike :) You would not regret buying that bike, I bet you :)
  • I don't regret it at all! Been out on it a few times, it's so smooth!
    2013 Canyon Roadlite AL
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    nice one 8) 8)
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Out of interest how much assembly is required when these turn up? Can't seem to see anything about it on the website is
  • Hardly any at all, attach handle bars, seat post, wheels... That's pretty much it!
    2013 Canyon Roadlite AL
  • Paul 8v
    Ah that's not too bad then, always a pain trying to set up gears when you've not got a workstand !
  • Decent
  • Just had my first commute to work on it today, and my first commute in the dark. Quickest time yet, (in rain and darkness) love this bike! 8)

Can't fault it at all! Will be buying another bike from canyon!
    2013 Canyon Roadlite AL
  • Paul 8v
    Looking at your Sig I hope you have a bloody good lock :-(
  • It now lives in the spare room! Don't trust locks, my last bikes had three locks between them, that didn't stop them!
    2013 Canyon Roadlite AL
  • Looks great.

I'm thinking about getting the Roadlite AL 6.0.

Re assembly, were the wheels ready to ride on delivery, or did you need to tune them? Were the gears & brakes already correctly adjusted also?

Thanks
  • RE wheels and gears, yes it's all ready to roll. Just bolt on bars, seat post put wheels on job done! I would buy another without any hesitation, great bike, great price!
    2013 Canyon Roadlite AL
  • Wow that's a familiar story!

I just had my Cube Peloton 2011 stolen along with my Carrera AM Fury mtb. They stole my GFs Cube Axial WLS too but left that in next door's garden as they couldn't ride away with 3 bikes... funny that they left the most expensive one, not so funny that my insurance didn't cover them in my new house (DOH - lesson learned)

Was speaking to Bike Whisper (ace techs in Ealing) and they recommended that Canyon bike. Can't find much about them, anything to watch out for, I might be in for one! :)

Mark
    Road: Cube Peloton 2010
    Mud: Carerra AM Fury
  • Sorry to hear about your bikes :(

Ive had mine for over a month now and its being ridden every day. Nothing to report at all, great bike, great price! Can't recommend them enough! :mrgreen:
    2013 Canyon Roadlite AL
  • I got a Roadlight 7.0 in December after advice from Bike Whisperer ...been out a handful of times becuase of travel and extreme weather, but it a fantastic bike and I am sure that it will be enough bike for me for many years to come.

It seems to have a particularly unique geometry which ensures comfort on long rides ...I couldnt find anything that came close on paper [dehydrated disc in lower back ...ouch].

I'm picking up the VCLS 2.0 post today ...roads in south Bucks seems to be in a fairly poor state ...and as you can gather, I beleive that a comfortable bike is a fast ride!
  • Andy N
    Andy N Posts: 2
    Hey Taylor, any update on your roadlite?

I'm hoping to order mine this weekend and just want to make sure I'm making the right decision - I've been a London commuter for the last five years and have spent the last four on a Trek Valencia, which sadly after a drawn out battle, died of old age last week. Spent a lot of TLC on it over the years - such a fun bike to ride and really fuelled a love of city riding. Sadly got to the point where it felt like I was riding a sherman tank to work.

Iv'e got a round the £1k mark to spend on a new bike and really want to take it to the next level - probably not competing yet, but something fast and can handle my daily commute (about 10 miles each way) and some long weekend rides. Importantly I want something I can grow into and reignite my love for riding.

I'm torn between the 2013 http://www.specializedconceptstore.co.u ... 20compact/ which looks great, but at £1K i think I'm just paying for the name. I also quite like the planet x pro carbon but I can't find any reviews of it. http://road.cc/content/news/74316-plane ... ival-build

After a bit of research I saw the Roadlite came highly recomended and you get a lot of bang for your buck - are you still loving it - do you think it's worth the investment?

Sorry for all the questions - I'm a newbie and just want to check with you guys I'm making a good investment

cheers!
  • Hi Andy,

I havnt ridden mine for over 6 weeks due to falling off my mountain bike and breaking my wrist. But I can tell you that after all the hard work cycling through the winter in bad conditions I can't wait to get back on it! I have done just over 2000 miles on it and have loved every minute in the saddle.

I like you use mine as a comuteing bike (22 miles) on roads that are not great and it really has been built well. I also use it for club runs at the weekend and would like to compete next year. I'm by far not the most experienced to tell you what bike to buy, but from my experience the canyon hits every nail on the head for value.

I have a few very keen cyclists at work, one who has the Specialized your looking at and another who has a Planet X bike. The person with the Specialized loves it, but both myself and a friend think that the canyon is a far better choice for value. He if he needed a new bike now would also buy a canyon. The Planet X bike I'm not too sure on, all I can think though is a carbon bike would be quite a hard ride to work and back and over long distances?

The choice is yours, but if I was buying another bike or was in your shoes I would put my money with the canyon. :)

Hope this helps.
    2013 Canyon Roadlite AL
  • Andy N
    Andy N Posts: 2
    Hi Taylor, this is a massive help thanks mate, I really appreciate it.

Sorry to hear about the wrist! I think you've helped me make up my mind - I'm going to order it today and can't wait to take it out for a spin.

Will let you know how I get on and will upload some pics.

thanks again!
  • Loxodon
    Loxodon Posts: 1
    I'm looking in buying a Canyon AL 7.0

It's gonna be my first bike and I'm wondering how you experience the Perfect positioning system?

Since it's my first racebike I don't really have my perfect size. WIll I be good just following their instructions carefully?

Cheers

Lox
  • pitchshifter
    pitchshifter Posts: 1,476
    Loxodon wrote:
    I'm looking in buying a Canyon AL 7.0

It's gonna be my first bike and I'm wondering how you experience the Perfect positioning system?

Since it's my first racebike I don't really have my perfect size. WIll I be good just following their instructions carefully?

Cheers

Lox

I have just bought one. The PPS thing gave me a medium which is ridiculous given I am 6ft 2". I ended up getting a large in the end over an XL as I wanted a racier front end. Seems about right with a 110mm stem.

Here it is after hours of fettling and swapping out parts...
    13DFD3BD-552B-4ED0-82C2-E519EA5BF5F1-3547-0000041D6E87FE00_zpsc08efaf2.jpg
  • vortice
    vortice Posts: 244
    Well i've gone and done it .... ordered a Roadlite AL. Can't wait for it to arrive. It's from stock but i've no idea what that means in terms of delivery time.

The one thing i forgot to check was whether you can get mudguards to fit? Any ideas?
  • If Its from Stock it will arrive in about a week or so.

And yes crudguards fit, I expect most mudguards do.
    2013 Canyon Roadlite AL
  • vortice
    vortice Posts: 244
    Brilliant on both counts TH. Thanks very much. I just hope the Canyon sizing works out now!