pnev Posts: 236
    Nice spec but the bike just doesn't seem balanced too me
  • Pnev wrote:
    Nice spec but the bike just doesn't seem balanced too me

That's why i put 'Not your average...' :lol:

In what respect mate?
  • pnev
    I like the idea of it, it's things like saint cranks on a Xc frame and the short stem

Now, if you put that kit on a banshee frame then it would be balanced better
  • Pnev wrote:
    I like the idea of it, it's things like saint cranks on a Xc frame and the short stem

Now, if you put that kit on a banshee frame then it would be balanced better

Fair play, but like I said in my post a lot of the things came from a jump bike. I like short stems anyway so regardless of any bike i build it would have a short stem.

But as time goes by I will be changing things. Couldn't afford to do it all at once. I'm hoping Santa might bring me some Shimano XT cranks etc for xmas :mrgreen:
  • The frame is classed as an AM-hardtail though, but yeah, point taken, thanks for feedback :)
  • pnev
    No it's not, it's an Xc trail frame! Cracking frame though, I had one

What store do you work for btw?
  • Pnev wrote:
    No it's not, it's an Xc trail frame! Cracking frame though, I had one

What store do you work for btw?

I know it is, but it's called an AM frame (according to halfords)

569 mate, why?
  • pnev
    Just wondered mate, I'm a bikehut manager at 783, curious if you we're near by
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Nice looking bike, but as stated it's a bit of a hotch potch of parts for different uses, but not insurmountable!

For a different take on the older Carrera frame check the link in my Sig.

The daughter works at Halfords, no idea of store No's, but was Leamington, now Aberystwyth!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Nice looking bike, but as stated it's a bit of a hotch potch of parts for different uses, but not insurmountable!

For a different take on the older Carrera frame check the link in my Sig.

The daughter works at Halfords, no idea of store No's, but was Leamington, now Aberystwyth!

Thanks. It's light enough for XC, suitable for AM and capable of a bit of rough and tumble and that's good enough for me :mrgreen:

I'm near Newcastle so nowhere near Aberystwyth!

Yeah, I've had a look through your thread, good read :)
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    Thanks. It's light enough for XC, suitable for AM and capable of a bit of rough and tumble and that's good enough for me :mrgreen:
    and thats all that matters....nice bike, and those rims are blinding :D
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I wouldn't say the frame or Geo was suitable for true AM, rough end of trail yes, but not AM! However as long as it suits what you want to use it for, that is all that counts!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.