cannock litter

coolboarder
coolboarder Posts: 149
edited November 2012 in Routes
Its rare i venture over here nowerdays but find myself back to have a rant. I hadnt been to cannock for a few months and was disapointed and angered at all the litter gathering especially at the rest spots. I guess being the main centre for the Midlands its going to get some abuse but why oh why is it too much trouble for some people to take their litter home? Ive never seen it as bad as it is atm. Theres an innertube over a direction post in one place, food and drink wrappers in various places all the way round, discarded clothing and cigarette packets. Cigarette packets on a mtb trail wtf. Unberlievable !!!!!

I know theres no easy answer but imo theres no room for these mindless pieces of scum in our sport and wish they would bog off somewhere else. We are lucky to have this trail centre here but some simply cant see it.

On a possitive note the trail yesterday (friday) was in an awesome condition. Had a really good ride with my son. Shame a large section was shut but hey ho.

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,145
    Llandegla forest used to be the same. It seems to have improved over the last couple of years but I tend to avoid the place in the summer.

You could collect the innertubes up, patch them and sell them in the car park back to the people who dump them on the trail.
  • I didn't spot any litter yesterday but in June, the rest areas were pretty messy with drink bottles and snickers all over the place.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    I guess being the main centre for the Midlands its going to get some abuse
    Allegedly within an hour's drive for 7 million people & 3000 bikes per weekend through the level crossing gates
    Theres an innertube over a direction post in one place, food and drink wrappers in various places all the way round, discarded clothing and cigarette packets. Cigarette packets on a mtb trail wtf
    The bench at the top of Lower Cliff is getting to be more of a doss spot than outside an estate pub. Seemed particularly bad this weekend it was like a village meeting. And there was a fight at the jetwash ffs
    I know theres no easy answer but imo theres no room for these mindless pieces of scum in our sport and wish they would bog off somewhere else.
    QFT :(
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    .blitz wrote:
    And there was a fight at the jetwash ffs

What the fuck!? Some people are just beyond words.