reovering from fall

pessimal
pessimal Posts: 58
edited November 2012 in Commuting general
just a general question, i managed to fall off my bike last week cycling over a wooden footbridge, front wheel slipped, lots of pain and falling.

I think I managed to land on my Coccyx which has been quite painful since.

Its starting to subside now, but should I leave it a week or 2 before I get back on my bike to make sure its healed, or do I just get back on and cope?

Comments

• Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    I don't think anyone can answer that question other than you or perhaps a doctor if you feel it's worth seeing one... Pain is very subjective and none of us here have any idea of the full extent of your injuries....
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • thought that might be the answer.
    already been to the local walk in centre, who just told me to go to the docs.

docs appointment booked for monday, so we'll see
  • ah mate, to be honest u prob just bruised it. Done it a few times snowboarding. the pain is horrible and last ages if u hit it just right! snow park landed on a rail = oucha ! pretty much time is a healer. Even if you have broken ur coccyx whilst unlikely, time is still ur healer!
  • Best go see a doc if you are worried. I went otb and hit my head and thought it was just a bit of pain. Turned out to be fractured and dislocated. If it's nothing then all u'll feel is a bit of a fool and get back on it.
  • docs given me a pile of ibuprofen and told me to stay off it until i'm not feeling any more pain/discomfort :(

means i'm off my bike for another couple of weeks, but i'd rather be safe than sorry
  • craker
    craker Posts: 1,739
    I bashed my coccyx mtbing a while ago. Day 1 was fine, day 2 was awful. By day 30 or so I saw a doctor who told me it would eventually heal. I don't think there's any chance of making it worse, once you're back in your bike comfortably you'll be fine.
  • Yeah will be fine, no worries. I'm a doctor so crack on.