Saggy Reverb - Updated

lawman
lawman Posts: 6,868
edited November 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Would seem I have a bit of a problem with my reverb. Operation up and down is fine, so no problems there and it was recently bled, but at full height if weighted it sags about 3-4mm, and also if you lift the bike by the nose of the saddle the post lifts up, like a crank bros joplin. I know somethings up, as it's not meant to do either. It's still under a year old, but is it something the LBS can fix or does it need sending back to fishers to be fixed/replaced?

Comments

• You know what, mine has the exct same problem.

I've been meaning to look at it for about a month now but I've been spending most of my time (and money) on the rockhopper and have not got round to it.

Have you checked the air pressure? I'm hoping it's something as simple as that.

Do me a favour, and if you get round to trying it before I do, drop me a PM and let me know if it works.
  • lawman
    You know what, mine has the exct same problem.

I've been meaning to look at it for about a month now but I've been spending most of my time (and money) on the rockhopper and have not got round to it.

Have you checked the air pressure? I'm hoping it's something as simple as that.

Do me a favour, and if you get round to trying it before I do, drop me a PM and let me know if it works.

Yeah will have a look tonight Matt, I'll have a look at the sram guide and see whats what and let you know :) If its something more serious then likewise I'll let you know how I get on!
  • Cheers fella. I just want you to be the test monkey for my half-assed ideas, so if it assplodes I know not to do that :lol:
  • lawman
    Cheers fella. I just want you to be the test monkey for my half-assed ideas, so if it assplodes I know not to do that :lol:

Well I've got the pump out and ramped the pressure upto 260psi and its better than it was, still a miniscule amount of play in it, but very much doubt you'd notice when riding, kinda hard to tell when my workshop is room in my uni flat and I can barely sit on it :lol: Will report back tomorrow as its the uni DH race, so I'll have a short ride over there to see if it still does it.

Still gonna get in contact with the place I got it from anyway, luckily one of the few things I havent bought from ze germans recently, so hopefully it's all sorted for the uni's trip to Llandegla in 2 weeks time
  • I know what you mean, mine came from CRC as oddly enough, they had the best price at the time. Certainly reassuring if it turns out to be a return.
    Watch it with the pressure though, I'm sure they recommend 250. You don't want it going off and rocketing a saddle up your obvious :lol:
  • You don't want it going off and rocketing a saddle up your obvious :lol:

That depends, for some it is a life style choice.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    assplodes
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • lawman
    I know what you mean, mine came from CRC as oddly enough, they had the best price at the time. Certainly reassuring if it turns out to be a return.
    Watch it with the pressure though, I'm sure they recommend 250. You don't want it going off and rocketing a saddle up your obvious :lol:

It seems to have held air over night, so its looking like it might be fixed!! Will watch out for it assploding though, thats something no man needs!

Like I say its only got a DH race to get through first before hopefully biketart can get it sorted next week, I've got 2 weeks til I need it again, so theres time! :lol:
  • lawman
    Have heard back from biketart and they have said they will sort it for me, through either repair or replacement under warranty :)

Might be worth you doing the same CWNT!
  • What's to sort though? I thought adding air fixed it.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    The problem is apparently fairly common. Something to do with air leaking from the air chamber into the damper.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • lawman
    What's to sort though? I thought adding air fixed it.

It made the sagging problem less obvious, it only sags 2mm or so now, but it still pulls up if you pick the bike up by the nose, so something is definitely not right in there.
  • ahhh, gotcha.

Mine is still in that stage you see.

Might get onto CRC and seehow I'm fixed for a warranty return. Not sure if I've still got the receipt though :?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Don't think CRC are too stressed about receipts - their process goes via your account.
    Assuming you have an account and didn't nick it from the warehouse.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    Don't think CRC are too stressed about receipts - their process goes via your account.
    Assuming you have an account and didn't nick it from the warehouse.

DAMMIT!
  • lawman
    Biketart have the post back, and by the begining of next week I should have a fully functioning Reverb again :)