Movember.

craprider
craprider Posts: 111
edited November 2012 in The cake stop
Following on from the excellent straight razor post, i have just received the email from movember prompting me it is almost that time again.
who gets involved in this? once again i shall be (as the guys at my rugby club will make me.)

http://uk.movember.com/?home always worth doing and getting the chance to have a 'tache for a month.

Anybody else getting involved, maybe we can do a picture thread day by day?

and yes Cleat, extra points if you get a Hitler going.....

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,715
    We're thinking about it in my office. The only thing putting me off is that I have my 40th birthday in the month and don't really want a load of photos in the future of me with comedy moustache! Plus, I've never attempted to grow facial hair of any sort so I'm not sure how succesful I'll be!
  • craprider
    You're nearly 40 and never had a mustache? i think you owe it to yourself......
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,715
    I'll look like a right tit with one - it won't go well with my supermodel cheek bones ;)

Besides, in my profession I'm maintaining my individuality by not having facial hair!
  • Pross wrote:
    I'll look like a right tit with one - it won't go well with my supermodel cheek bones ;)

Besides, in my profession I'm maintaining my individuality by not having facial hair!

He's an all in lady wrestler :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Pross wrote:

He's an all in lady wrestler :D

Cleats back on form.Im in as usual but Im not going with the dodgy trucker look this time-upset my ladyboss no end,so its the `cad` for me.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Good to go, but I do have a head start.
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    Probably not this year!

Not playing rugby again, and currently in self imposed exile from my rugby club to remove the temptation of "oh all right, just twenty minutes in the second half then!", so won't be in the usual Movember place.

Besides which the wife and kids hate me with a 'Mo'!!
  • pipipi
    pipipi Posts: 332
    I did it last year and was surprised how attached to it (quite literally folks) I was by the end of the month.

I certainly had a cold upper lip for a few days!

I'm up for it again...
  • craprider
    i went clark gabel/Errol Flynn pencil thin last time, well i say those two but it looked much more John waters
  • Never mind a hitler one - i'm aiming for one of these

419618_501216106569380_245098778_n_zps04d9895c.jpg
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • rodgers73
    rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
    Isn't this the third year in a row that this has been done? Seems a bit old by now. Also a bit tedious seeing loads of blokes with crappy thin moustaches all over the place looking pleased with themselves. Just stick some money in a collecting box somewhere and have done with it ;-)
  • craprider
    longer then 3 times.
    considering how many breast cancer awarness things go on i think it's good to have an annual reminder of specific man cancers...
  • rodgers73
    You can get moustache cancer??
  • craprider
    you can get ball cancer.
  • Why don't we all shave our balls then?
  • rodgers73
    Or grow a huge balls-moustache that you could feed through your flies to demonstrate your support for the charity?
  • Tempted to do this, especially seeing as the missus rather likes facial hair, and has no objection for me aiming for a Merv Hughes.
    Lycra-Byka wrote:
    Why don't we all shave our balls then?
    Because the global economy would a significant hit as the bulk of office workers feigned the ebola virus to avoid a day that best be described as...

zzzzzzzp
    slap
    "There you go, now cough up"
    Mangeur
  • The Bloodhound SSC team are supporting Movember, I'm going for the "Paul Snr"
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    Problem is it takes years to grow an amazing handlebar moustache. I look like a scary tramp with just a few weeks of growth / fluff.

I did it last year. I don't know if I was imagining it, but I got the impression my moustache effort repelled women like a high pressure water cannon. The gorgeous waitress in my local cafe even stopped talking to me!
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Lycra-Byka wrote:
    Because the global economy would a significant hit as the bulk of office workers feigned the ebola virus to avoid a day that best be described as...
    zzzzzzzp
    slap
    "There you go, now cough up"
    I dont get it?
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    If you don't pay he sticks it down your throat.Hence the cough.Jeez some people.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • Lycra-Byka wrote:

You mean you don't anyway???? Weirdo!!
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • I will be taking part, though I cheated this year and got a head start mid october, I guarantee it will still be the crappest tash this side of Istanbul come the end of November. It tasks me how some men can grow one overnight!!
  • 4 days in......

20121105_100708.jpg
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • mingmong
    mingmong Posts: 542
    I'm having a bash.

Lieutenant-Colonel Richard Francis "Dick" Strawbridge need not be worried, his title is safe as the best tash in the land.