Seemingly trivial things that annoy you

Comments

• oh here we go.. the subject of nutrition.....

"fat makes you fat" - no it FCKing does not!!! <--does my absolute banger in when people spout that one!

"low fat is healthy" - again....low fat foods are usually high in sugar to compensate taste...

"red meat rots in your stomach" .....dont even know where to begin with that horseshi%t
  • DrKJM
    DrKJM Posts: 271
    On the subject of food...I get irked when I have to cut the skin between sausages. How the fark are pre-cut vegatables available in this day and age but you still have to seperate sausages when removing them from the packaging? Although I'll happily chop up my own veg as I hate lazy cnuts who can't be arsed to chop a few carrots. I'm annoyed with myself it seems.

You get cross that people can't peel and slice vegetables but you still have to find a pair of scissors to separate a couple of snorkers? Decaf, my good man, decaf. :wink:
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Arsene Wengers coat.
  • nonces and pedos being "outed" once they are dead.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    People not understanding the word trivial.

t-r-i-v-i-a-l, Trivial

adj
    1 of little importance; petty or frivolous.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    We've touched on Americanisms but it does my nut in to hear and read not about a tv series being shown, but that season 4 (or whatever) airs November. I can't be doing with that.

Long one. Cinemas. Everything about them, from having to roll up well before the scheduled start time to be sure of getting in, sitting through 25 minutes of trails, ads & warnings, watching kids who clearly haven't paid for the better seats sit in them anyway, and the whole experience from start to end punctuated with the sound of people who really can't survive two hours without a gallon of coke and a jumbo sized tub of popcorn or a half hundredweight of sweets that come in the nosiest bags on the planet so the whole film is accompanied by a soundtrack of rustling, slurping & crunching, and the lights don't go down these days so the film never quite draws you in like it would in proper dark, and at the end as soon as the first line of the credits appears everyone jumps to their feet to rush out leaving a pile of discarded junk food debri all over the place as it's someone else's problem not theirs. With hindsight I'd rather have waited and spent the cash on the DVD of Skyfall than watch it in that atmosphere.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    CiB wrote:
    We've touched on Americanisms but it does my nut in to hear and read not about a tv series being shown, but that season 4 (or whatever) airs November. I can't be doing with that.

Long one. Cinemas. Everything about them, from having to roll up well before the scheduled start time to be sure of getting in, sitting through 25 minutes of trails, ads & warnings, watching kids who clearly haven't paid for the better seats sit in them anyway, and the whole experience from start to end punctuated with the sound of people who really can't survive two hours without a gallon of coke and a jumbo sized tub of popcorn or a half hundredweight of sweets that come in the nosiest bags on the planet so the whole film is accompanied by a soundtrack of rustling, slurping & crunching, and the lights don't go down these days so the film never quite draws you in like it would in proper dark, and at the end as soon as the first line of the credits appears everyone jumps to their feet to rush out leaving a pile of discarded junk food debri all over the place as it's someone else's problem not theirs. With hindsight I'd rather have waited and spent the cash on the DVD of Skyfall than watch it in that atmosphere.

This is why I go to the cinema once in a blue moon and when I do, I choose the Everyman in Hampstead. You're sat with a better class of person and they serve beer and olives.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • CrackFox
    CrackFox Posts: 287
    edited November 2012
    Dates on tv being phrased as "November Five" instead of "November the Fifth" etc.

"Ancient astronaut theorists" (the phrase, the people, their hair and their presence on the History channel).

The use of numbers to replace vowels in words, e.g. sk8ter, driv3r.

Utensils and other mundane domestic items emblazoned with verbs that describe their purpose, such as towels embroidered with word "DRY".

"Raising awareness" and "standing shoulder-to-shoulder".

'Coffee culture', captchas, keffiyeh and 'collector's editions' of anything.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    CrackFox wrote:
    Utensils and other mundane domestic items emblazoned with verbs that describe their purpose, such as towels embroidered with word "DRY".

Even those AR$E/FACE towels?
  • pb21
    pb21 Posts: 2,170
    People wearing hats indoors.
    Mañana
  • CrackFox
    CrackFox Posts: 287
    coriordan wrote:
    CrackFox wrote:

Even those AR$E/FACE towels?

No, not those.
  • pb21
    pb21 Posts: 2,170
    When people talk about travelling and say they want to ‘do’ countries, or have ‘done’ countries.

‘Yeah I did Thailand, but I really want to do Cambodia’
    Mañana
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    carrock wrote:
    chaos75 wrote:
    "Can I get a.........."
    No, you can have one though.

this is always pretentious women in starbucks who say " can i get a lar-tay"

No love. It's not fecking self-service. You can HAVE one. Think they watch too many episodes of friends.

Not just those pretentious women in starbucks I'm afraid, it's rife in London - both sexes and all ages. I have to stop myself from screaming at them.
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    ANDY F wrote:
    When footballers sheperd the ball out without touching it and not allowing an opposing player to gain control, that has got to be obstruction.
    I've been thinking that for years, yet referees seem to think it ok.

Footballers sliding on their knees when they score a goal.
    Pulling opponent's shirts in the penalty area at free kicks and corners.
  • Ben6899
    De Sisti wrote:
    ANDY F wrote:
    When footballers sheperd the ball out without touching it and not allowing an opposing player to gain control, that has got to be obstruction.

It's just a part of the game. I thought you'd played a bit, De Sisti?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • caad8
    caad8 Posts: 51
    The use of exasperate instead of exacerbate
  • de_sisti
    Ben6899 wrote:
    De Sisti wrote:
    ANDY F wrote:

I used to play, but that was in a bygone era (leather casey balls with stitching). :wink:
  • Ben6899
    De Sisti wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    De Sisti wrote:
    ANDY F wrote:

I used to play, but that was in a bygone era (leather casey balls with stitching). :wink:

So you must have surely shielded a ball out of play at some time or other? I used to play fullback and probably did it a handful of times per match. Completely normal and legal by the game's rules.
    Ben

• De Sisti wrote:
    ANDY F wrote:
    It's perfectly legal, as long as the ball is close enough that the defender could kick it if he wanted to. But I agree it's annoying when the other team does it.
    But that always has comedy potential, like the player at the weekend who misjudged the slipperiness of the grass and ended up landing on his head.
    I find it more annoying that referees don't do anything about it.
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Passive aggressive threads like this one :)

with that in mind, I'd like to add:

My mother.
    My mother in law.
  • "Please queue here to be seated"
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • de_sisti
    ManOfKent wrote:
    De Sisti wrote:
    ANDY F wrote:
    It's perfectly legal, as long as the ball is close enough that the defender could kick it if he wanted to. But I agree it's annoying when the other team does it.
    But that always has comedy potential, like the player at the weekend who misjudged the slipperiness of the grass and ended up landing on his head. :lol:
    I find it more annoying that referees don't do anything about it.

Seemingly trivial things that annoy you. People trying to analyse the trivial things that annoy us. :roll:
  • stueyboy
    stueyboy Posts: 108
    People who serve in coffee shops and think a cappuccino is a latte in a cappuccino cup with some chocolate sprinkled on top. It annoys me much more than it should.
  • de_sisti
    The use of Exclusive in adverts and the media.
    The use of "Our thoughts are with the officer's family and friends " when theres a tragedy
    which involves a death. I always get the impression that the people who make that statement
    feel as if they have to say it, but don't really mean it.

Remember; this thread is about trivial things that annoy the poster and is not meant for general debate.
  • People who complain about foreigners whilst drinking a pint of lager before getting into their French car

BMW drivers

Football
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    Toilets installed with the cistern too far forward, so the seat won't stay up unless you hold it.

'Mute point'.
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    Folks who say "Mute" when they mean "Moot"! :D
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    De Sisti wrote:
    The use of Exclusive in adverts and the media.
    The use of "Our thoughts are with the officer's family and friends " when theres a tragedy
    which involves a death. I always get the impression that the people who make that statement
    feel as if they have to say it, but don't really mean it.

Remember; this thread is about trivial things that annoy the poster and is not meant for general debate.

Fecking tiny font on posts that I can't read without zooming into the page!

The older I get, the better I was.

• de_sisti
    BMW drivers

Football
    Not all BMW drivers are bad. From being a good SEAT Arosa driver (1.0mpi) I've just become a good BMW driver (320d Touring). :wink:
  • Making a cuppa & then start doing something else for a bit, then suddenly remembering the cuppa i made, but finding it has gone lukewarm or cold. Damn it!