Seemingly trivial things that cheer you up

Comments

• Doing the food shop & finding that some of your favourite things are on offer! Sweet!

When you've been away at a hotel, friends / family & coming back to sleep in your own bed.

Finding money in your wallet you didn't remember putting there...bonus!

Finishing the washing up

Getting to the tube or bus stop & the tube or bus arriving at the same time!

Not having to iron anything...ever

When cute girls smile at me.

A cup of tea when you have been looking forward to one for ages.

When summer starts...well sort of!

Speaking to my neice & nephews on the phone...

Putting out the rubbish

Getting to set of lights as they turn green...how good is that!?
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens.
  • Noting my, weekly paid, pension in the Bank Account every Wednesday.

Noting the amount should be recorded on the matching thread.
    'fool'
  • Opening and making the the first cut of a new block of cheese is something I find strangely satisfying. Odd.
  • stueyboy
    stueyboy Posts: 108
    Finding a bottle of beer/wine/anything when you thought there wasn't any in the house
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Opening and making the the first cut of a new block of cheese is something I find strangely satisfying. Odd.

+1 :D
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Breaking through the foil on a new jar of coffee.

Finishing the decorating.

A really good gig.

Alcohol!!
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    An illicit peek of cleavage........like this

42106ebe258fff3b25bf3c67e78d281ee1bb1694.gif
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    When some eejut has gone through the criminal justice system arrogantly protesting innocence despite all evidence to the contrary and eventually gets found guilty.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • A perfect pint of bitter in a perfect English pub

The sound of a wine cork being pulled followed by the glug glug sound of the first glass being poured

Sitting down to a Sunday Lunch guilt free after a three hour ride

Ohhhh there are so many.
  • Opening the curtains to find it has been snowing & it is still all settled & unspoilt. A bit childish, but some boys never grow up you know!

• Sitting down to a Sunday Lunch guilt free after a three hour ride

Think this is one of the best, pigging out after beasting yourself on the bike, can't beat it!
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • y33stu
    y33stu Posts: 376
    Mrs Stu always having the dinner on the go before I get home.

A tailwind. At any point in time.

Improving my PB's on Strava.

The smell of fresh bread.

5.30pm on a Friday.

Crossing the Tyne Bridge after I've been working down south - not until I'm north of the Tyne am I home.
    Cycling prints
    Band of Climbers
  • Driving home on the last work day before Christmas, playing "Driving Home For Christmas" at full volume whilst on speakerphone to the wife and kids.
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    Regardless of where they may be in the house at the time I always laugh when my dogs slope up beside me when I eat something. It makes no difference if I am sat down with the family at breakfast or just having a cup of tea and a biscuit, they just know something edible is up for grabs and appear at my side. If I ignore them then they will usually move closer until their head is resting on my lap and eyes are looking longingly at whatever I am eating. Difficult to keep a straight face.
    In fact, our two dogs in general cheer me up - they just make us laugh every single day for one reason or another.

The first cold beer when you go on holiday - sun beating down, condensation running down the glass - mmmmmmmm.
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • The feeling of blessed relief experienced when leaving London.

Driving in the early hours of the morning on normally busy sections of road (M25 at the M4 junction being a favourite).

Being warm in a tent in bad weather.

Suddenly, for no immediately obvious reason, really missing the missus.

Cows.

Cycling related...

Passing someone who's obviously lighter and younger than me on a climb.

The lovely sensation of going from a dodgy road surface to a silky smooth one.

Riding in rain that's heavy enough to add some drama, but not heavy enough to leave you totally soaked.

On the MTB, the grinning feeling of "this is stupid!" experienced just before tackling something you've got minimal hopes for completing successfully.
    Mangeur
  • Switching the alarm button into the off position on Friday night. :D
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • lucan2
    lucan2 Posts: 293
    Sitting in front of the woodburner when it's cold outside - like now.
  • Every single year, early spring, for just a few days i feel the first warmth on my back as the sun re-appears, those first sunny days...i feel like ive been born again. Really really content and i just smile to myself...yessss.
  • 'Pokies' on female newsreaders (especially Miss Reid).
    Battaglin C11
    Carrera LRS2
    Carrera Jabberwock
    Kona Paddy wagon fixed
    Carlton Catalina
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    chaos75 wrote:
    Driving home on the last work day before Christmas, playing "Driving Home For Christmas" at full volume whilst on speakerphone to the wife and kids.

Nice :)
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,383
    Giving a lift home to a hot dutch girl on the pannier rack when she rests her head against my back...

Our new kitten playing the red dot game (laser pointer)

The receptionist ringing up saying "we have a package for you"

Riding in a group working well.together along a dyke when the tullips are out
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Avant
    Avant Posts: 29
    Autumn - the change of season brings back out all the girls in knee high boots.
  • ddraver
    Oh and waking up beofre the alarm thinking that it's time to get up, checking the clock and realising that there re still 2/3/4 hours still of sleep time

Awwwwww Yeaaaah!!
    - @ddraver
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    ddraver wrote:
    Oh and waking up beofre the alarm thinking that it's time to get up, checking the clock and realising that there re still 2/3/4 hours still of sleep time

Awwwwww Yeaaaah!!

Did that this morning. Awake at 5 am and I still had another 30 mins until I had to get up. I wasted it by going back to sleep though!
  • ddraver
    30mins is not enough, it needs to be serveral hours for proper Awww yeahness ;)
    - @ddraver
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,312
    y33stu wrote:
    Mrs Stu always having the dinner on the go before I get home.

Crossing the Tyne Bridge after I've been working down south - not until I'm north of the Tyne am I home.

Put this in contrast in the seemingly trivial tings that annoy you thread
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • The smell of the pine trees at the top of a long climb near me. Coffee and cake. A satisfying poo. The smell of breakfast being cooked, while I'm in bed! The banter on a Saturday morning club ride. A log fire. A perfectly poured pint of Guinness. Mowing the lawn. Christmas Eve.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Trivial you say? The kids like those mini-weetabix things for breakfast (too sweet & sickly for me tbh) but seem clinically incapable of emptying the last 2 or 3 from the box before they open a new one. One of life's pleasures is to find the near empty bag in the cupboard & dump the pile of crumbs onto proper Weetabix as a bonus topping.
  • The smell of proper coffee

The smell of freshly sawn wood

The sight of a pretty woman