Seemingly trivial things that annoy you

Comments

• People who dawdle. Have some purpose to your pathetic little life & walk FASTER!

Went i'm out on my ride, other riders who check my bike/wheels/kit/gear /whatever out & just totally ignore me. It's just weird. At least have the gumption to say hi. Concentrate on your own bike & f**k off!!

Call centres, all of them, especially those based overseas when you can't understand the operater.

Everything Everywhere coverage where i live. Yeah right, more like Nothing Nowhere!

Men who wear skinny jeans. Just no.

Ruby Wax.
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    Agree with so many of the above suggestions. My personal grammatical hatred is the swapping of the word "have" with the word "of" in the phrases would have, could have, should have. That really grates with me.
    Poor manners in general but especially to shop staff or waiting staff. Yes, it is their job to serve you, but a simple please and thank you is not too much to ask either.
    Something else that winds me up on a daily basis is people who can't park their car properly. The number of times I pull up to a space and see the car in the adjacent space at a ridiculous angle with the wheels at full lock and think to myself, " if I park my car there they will almost certainly clip it on the way out before they get a chance to straigthen up" and then end up choosing a different space miles away from where I want to be.
    So many trivial annoyances to choose from, probably won't be able to sleep now. Grrrr.

Cheers
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • random man wrote:
    No, I'd better not start as I'm going out later on. :lol:

It's knowing where to start, that's your problem :wink:

Smart @rse mates who have an answer for everything. :wink:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • B.M.R.
    B.M.R. Posts: 72
    Virgin Fibre for cabling the first 100 metres of our street but not the rest - and then continually sending me junk mail telling me I live in a cabled area and can get super-fast broadband. How about you spend some of the money you are wasting sending out pointless leaflets to actually run a cable up to my house?

And on a similar theme, BT constantly boasting about how they are upgrading Infinity from Super Fast to Mega Fast, and then six months later, Even F**king Faster Infinity, all the while ignoring the fact that they haven't upgraded half the country to "basic" Infinity. Here's a hint, sort that out first before before giving Johnny City-Dweller the ability to download a whole HD movie in 1 nanosecond instead of 2.

Smokers. Don't come and sit next to me after you've just had a cigarette. YOU. STINK.
  • The way that one of my housemates insists on making a pot of tea in the morning, puts it on the breakfast table and takes the carton of milk out of the fridge and puts that on the table so she can make multiple brews as she watches telly. Angers me that she has the milk on the table out of the fridge.

In fact, anytime anyone keeps something that belongs in the fridge out on worktop/table.
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    The bloke I know who rides 15-20 miles a week, and talks it up like he's in the pro-peleton. Complete with personalised frame decals with his name and Union Jack and the race number mount for his brake boss.

The way said tool, 'carb loads' (pre 45 min ride) with a gel and energy drink, taking energy gels and bars with him.

Aaaargh! FFS - just get some miles in!!!!
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • kieranb
    kieranb Posts: 1,674
    how some people get so caught up and intense over trival arguments especially on the web. Reminds me of the play I saw last night (A chorus of disapproval) in which the main character ponders on why he gets so worked up over little things in reagds to the play he is trying to direct when out in the real world there are bigger issues going on.
  • mallinov
    mallinov Posts: 143
    Winningest. Argh.
  • People who talk on their mobile phones on trains & buses. Especially when it is REALLY F**KING loud. It is never about anything important, just banal drivel. Have your silly little chat in your own privacy, you rude annoying moron.
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    BBC covering a range of sports during the Olympics, and then covering hardly any after. So much for an Olympic legacy.

Cultural Olympiad. What good did all that money do?

Football. All of it.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    RoyPSB wrote:
    People who just have to unclick their seatbelt on a plane before it's finished taxiing to a stop and the seatbelts fastened light is still on - Do you really think you're going to get off quicker by doing this you complete ar5e?

On that theme, I once took the Eurostar from Paris and when the gates opened people started running to get to the train. The train wasn't due to leave for another 20 minutes and everyone has a reserved seat, so what's the f**king point?
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    simona75 wrote:
    3. Sitting next to the morbidly obese in economy

I once had one of these salad-dodgers sitting next to me on a coach. Luckily the journey only lasted 24 hours.
  • jonomc4
    jonomc4 Posts: 891
    Simmotino wrote:
    Coat hangers not hanging the same way on a rail
    Shirts not hanging on those hangers the same way round
    TV Presenters announcing their presenting buddy (One Show take note!)
    Seat tray latches on planes not being vertical
    People who say "...very unique"
    People who say "less" rather than "fewer" (when appropriate of course)
    Waiting staff asking you how your meal is four seconds after putting it down

I could go on......

I am sensing the early stages of OCD - sad thing is I have some of the same gripes - esp seat tray latches - I have to go first class all the time now to miss this annoyance!
  • Ginjafro
    Ginjafro Posts: 572
    Any poster who thinks they are the centre of the universe, likes the sound of their own voice, rambles on mainly about nonsense and then challenges others to ....."discuss".
    Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
    Cove Hustler
    Planet X Pro-Carbon
  • Ginjafro wrote:
    Any poster who thinks they are the centre of the universe, likes the sound of their own voice, rambles on mainly about nonsense and then challenges others to ....."discuss".
    ^^^^^
    THIS +1000000000000000
    Planet-X SL Pro Carbon.
    Tifosi CK3 Winter Bike
    Planet X London Road Disc
    Planet X RT80 Elite
  • People in supermarket car parks who don't park in the designated bays. They either park right by the door or in the marked off area's at the end of each row.

People who can't put trolleys back properly. They either leave them in a parking space (usually the one you want) or they casually chuck them in the general vicinity of the trolley bay and end up spilling onto the road because they have been slotted in to the one in front. The bay probably holds about 100 parked properly, instead there is 15 randomly chucked in.

BMW X1, X3, X5 and X6 drivers (i could go on and on about these tw@ts) who for some reason have to have a personalised registration plate containing X1, X3, X5 or X6. It might be just in my area but there's loads of the feckers up here doing it. No other marque drivers seem to do it so why do these w@nkers have to?
    You shall not pass! (Unless I'm knackered then I don't really care tbh)

Specialized Hardrock Sport 06
    Specialized Sirrus Sport 11
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    X6....marque...w@nkers
    That's all you need
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    Somethink, nothink, anythink.

Where did these come from?

The older I get, the better I was.

• jonomc4 wrote:
    Simmotino wrote:
    Coat hangers not hanging the same way on a rail
    Shirts not hanging on those hangers the same way round
    TV Presenters announcing their presenting buddy (One Show take note!)
    Seat tray latches on planes not being vertical
    People who say "...very unique"
    People who say "less" rather than "fewer" (when appropriate of course)
    Waiting staff asking you how your meal is four seconds after putting it down

I could go on......

I am sensing the early stages of OCD - sad thing is I have some of the same gripes - esp seat tray latches - I have to go first class all the time now to miss this annoyance!

I passed early stages a few years ago! The shirts even have to be in a certain order pertaining to colour and shade ( :oops: ) which is fine until I buy some new shirts and then it's an hour re-organising them (there are about 60 or so) until I am happy again.

Another I was reminded of today - plug sockets turned on when there is no plug in them.
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    Simmotino wrote:
    Another I was reminded of today - plug sockets turned on when there is no plug in them.

I'm with you there. :)

However, I prickle when people talk of "plug sockets" (aren't they all?) instead of electricity sockets. :D:D
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • jonomc4
    dont worry I do the same with hangers and shirts too - but I dont do them in colour order!
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    20 bags, 2 pushchairs and 6 kids? Really? On an Edinburgh-London train? Did you really think there'd be room for all that - with unreserved seats tickets - when it eventually passed through Grantham? Oh you did? Well then you're as f***ing stupid as you are f***ing annoying.

So...

People with too much luggage and/or too many kids on public transport.
    Tourists.
    Wheelsuckers (one in particular who I see regularly who sat on my wheel down to 13mph before I waved him on, in a little experiment I did).
    Charity Muggers. F*** OFF.
    Women who think they can flutter the eyelashes and get what they want. BLOW ME!
    People who dawdle.
    "Oh you're going to London? Which show are you seeing?"
    Pedestrians who are so arrogant they simply walk out in front of traffic. One day, someone will become pavement art at Euston Circus and I'll be stood there with a 'told you so' look on my smug face.

Not in a good mood today, lads.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Misanthropes. Which would appear to put me at odds with most of the posters in this thread.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    bompington wrote:
    Misanthropes. Which would appear to put me at odds with most of the posters in this thread.

Yup. Most people are cnuts until I get to know them.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • pdstsp
    pdstsp Posts: 1,264
    People coming into my office and leaving the outside door open so that all the heat goes whoooshing out while they stand at reception. Thanks.
  • kieranb wrote:
    (A chorus of disapproval)

Excellent play, that is all. :mrgreen:
    If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    Pensioners who queue and clog up shops/banks on a saturday morning, come on ffs..you've had all week to do that whilst I'm at work.

Yes! This!

You've had all f***ing week.

Saturday 9am and you HAVE to be out?

CNUTS!
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    "Petrol Stations that double up as supermarkets, so forcing you to wait in a queue while someone does their weeks food shop! Go to a bloody proper supermarket and just let me pay for my fuel please!"

Remember when the government sparked panic buying of fuel a while ago? I thought I was going to witness a murder on a gridlocked garage forecourt in Nottingham which also housed a Tesco Express. Woman emerges from shop with 3 huge bags of shopping and totters to her car parked at the pump. Puts the shopping in the boot, and as we were all expecting her to drive away, instead she then commenced filling the car with petrol. I honestly thought a taxi driver was going to attack her :shock:
  • jonomc4
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Women who think they can flutter the eyelashes and get what they want. BLOW ME!

I am sure they would get what they want if they blow you :shock:
  • BBH
    BBH Posts: 476
    Non-disabled people who park in disabled bays....even if they r not in use, they are there for a reason, just walk u lazy self absorbed feckers!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

People who decide to leave said car as close to possible to supermarket and don't bother to find a space, just park on the outer grid markings of the rows!!!!!!! :evil: :evil:

People who dawdle, and then stop dead in front of you with no warning or recognition that other people are around too, arggggggggghhhhhhhh :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

People who don't indicate and expect you to know where they are going :evil: :roll:

Yes, I am turning into a grumpy g##!!! :wink::D:lol:
    2012 Scott Foil 10 (Shimano dura ace) - in progress
    2011 Cervelo S2 (SRAM Red/Force)
    2011 Cannondale Caad 10 (Shimano 105)

"Hills Hurt, Couches Kill!!"
    Twitter: @MadRoadie