Seemingly trivial things that annoy you

Comments

• Mike Healey
    Mike Healey Posts: 1,023
    Confusing moot and mute

Awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome

Add todally to the above and I may spontaneously combust

Adding dude to the above two not so, since it goes with the territory
    Organising the Bradford Kids Saturday Bike Club at the Richard Dunn Sports Centre since 1998
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/eastbradfordcyclingclub/
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/eastbradfordcyclingclub/
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Confusing moot and mute

Awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome

Add todally to the above and I may spontaneously combust

Adding dude to the above two not so, since it goes with the territory

Totally awesome post dude ;)
  • Phil_D
    Phil_D Posts: 467
    People who fail to realise that this thread is for trivial things, and not just things in general that annoy them. The government, for example, is not a trivial thing.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Zip ties, which appear re-usable but you actually end up snapping the missus kitchen knife blades off trying to prise the fecker lose.
  • The phrase 'main protagonists'. Not strictly incorrect as a weakened form of the word, but to me you're either the protagonist or you're not, and it gets my goat, I'm afraid.

Writing 'loose' when you mean 'lose'.

Those sentence fragments Americans use when they're trying to be all portentous:

'The best bicyclists in the world were lining up to take the wounded Armstrong's crown. Couldn't do it.'
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    The Dutch
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • pb21
    pb21 Posts: 2,170
    People who stand and huddle by the entrance of trains when they are busy, but the aisles clear.

People who get up ready to leave trains about five minutes before they actually stop.

Tasteless bananas.

Apples when they are a bit ‘mushy’.

The phrase ‘safeguards’ when used by politicians etc.
    Mañana
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    ddraver wrote:
    The Dutch

Eh?
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    The one that strangling my rabbit at the moment is fecking brake-lights (and so Capt Slog opens the motoring can of worms to all comers :lol: ).

Most cars on the road have MOTs, so it follows that most have working handbrakes, so why don't they use the buggers instead of sitting for five minutes in a queue with their foot on the brake? :evil:

I have to sit behind one of these arseholes seemingly everyday and I'm dazzled by their brake-lights, often enough to bring on a head-ache.

The older I get, the better I was.

• I am the calmest of men, as people at the Anger Management course would attest, little disturbs me. But using 'definitive' when you mean 'definite' does.

exhale....... tranquil.
    'fool'
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    ddraver wrote:
    The Dutch

Yep, they're trivial (shouldn't it be 'intolerance of other people's culture and the Dutch?).
  • But using 'definitive' when you mean 'definite' does.
    Ah yes, that reminds me. People writing 'defiantly' when they mean 'definitely'.
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • pb21
    pb21 Posts: 2,170
    But using 'definitive' when you mean 'definite' does.
    Ah yes, that reminds me. People writing 'defiantly' when they mean 'definitely'.

Remembering how to spell the word 'definitely' is quite annoying actually.
    Mañana
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    To return to the earlier bogroll theme: those institutional toilet roll holders that have a massive roll locked in a big metal/plastic cover. Yes, I know they're so much more hygienic, rolls don't go missing etc., but do they have to be designed so that the perforation ALWAYS breaks off deep inside the cover, leaving you scrabbling around inside it to try and find the end?
    I spent, oh I don't know, maybe half an hour, maybe a fortnight, in Ikea the other day after a hurried trip to the bogs with Bompetta (who's doing, errr, fairly well with toilet training at the mo) saw me put her on the seat without realising there was no paper in that cubicle. So I quickly went to the next one, and by the time I had eventually got some paper out, almost without swearing or shrieking, she had managed to slide off and toddle round to find out what the delay was, with her pants round her ankles. Cue need for rather a lot more paper to clean up the mess...

There, glad I've got that off my chest. Next episode, drivers who ambiguously wave you on when it's not actually safe for you to do so, and everyone would have got out quicker if they'd just gone first when they had priority...
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    And another thing....

People who call me "mate" when they want something.

So so shallow.

I once overheard a conversation between a waiter and a customer....
    Customer "oi mate get me this"
    Waiter "mate? When have I ever sent you a Christmas card"
    Customer "?"
    Waiter "I'm not your f*cking mate then!"

It's like those who are on facebook saying "I have 50000 friends". They are not really your true friend. A true friend will help you with anything without question or motive and always be there for you. I have lots of acquaintances and work colleagues but how many will be a true friend?
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • Cubic
    Cubic Posts: 594
    People who chew with their mouths open.

People who breathe loudly.

Fat people who breathe through their mouths.

People who sniff constantly, especially on trains. Blow your f*****g nose!
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Pross wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    The Dutch

Yep, they're trivial (shouldn't it be 'intolerance of other people's culture and the Dutch?).

No, but the things they do are Trivial, but make them oh so annoying!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • No, I'd better not start as I'm going out later on. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    No, I'd better not start as I'm going out later on. :lol:

It's knowing where to start, that's your problem :wink:
  • fish156
    fish156 Posts: 496
    Thank-you everyone.

It's good to know that I'm not alone.
  • roypsb
    roypsb Posts: 309
    Peddle Up! wrote:
    Opening a pack of painkillers to find that the leaflet is ALWAYS folded over the blister packs. Not 50% of the time as chance would dictate, but ALWAYS.

So it's not just me then. Good shout - extremely irritating.

People on this forum who refer to newbies as 'young padawan'. How patronising.

People who just have to unclick their seatbelt on a plane before it's finished taxiing to a stop and the seatbelts fastened light is still on - Do you really think you're going to get off quicker by doing this you complete ar5e?

Some usuals:
    People who don't say thanks when you hold a door open or let them through - no excuse you rude feckers
    People who tailgate me in the car - were you born without a braincell?
  • Simples.
    Nuff Said.

Just stop using those phrases please, just bloody stop it :evil:
    “If you do what always do, you'll get what you always get.”
  • People who drag their feet when walking.

sccch-step sccch-step sccch-step

SWEET FECKING MERCY PICK YOUR FECKING FEET UP YOU LAZY FECKING TW.....!!!!!

Oh and people who put the phone on speaker when dialling a number in the office, or listening to hold music.

Seriously. I contemplate the many, varied and painful ways they will die.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Adverts on telly. Nothing in particular. Oh hang on....

Wowcher :?
  • simona75
    simona75 Posts: 336
    Mine are all flying related

1. New parents who think theyre the first people in the world to have children... "Look at me wandering round the plane with my screaming child - bet you've never seen one of these before"

2. The look you get from people in club/business/premium while you make your way to row 265 in economy

3. Sitting next to the morbidly obese in economy

Perhaps I should travel by train in future
  • Pensioners who queue and clog up shops/banks on a saturday morning, come on ffs..you've had all week to do that whilst I'm at work.
  • wiffachip
    wiffachip Posts: 861
    edited November 2012
    when you're relaxing in trap one and some dope uses trap two, despite traps three and four being vacant

daft women who wait until the lass on the till tells them how much they have to pay and then start looking for their purse. It's never gonna be free ffs, get your money ready

getting stuck behind a student at the bar who orders a cocktail which takes a week to make and then pays with plastic. and then her mate decides she'll have the same - eff off
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    The way Fiona Bruce moves her head as she reads the news.

Drivers who use fog lights when there is no f*cking fog.

Petrol Stations that double up as supermarkets, so forcing you to wait in a queue while someone does their weeks food shop! Go to a bloody proper supermarket and just let me pay for my fuel please!
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    RonB wrote:
    Adverts on telly. Nothing in particular. Oh hang on....

I swear, if I see another f**king meerkat :evil:

They're in every shop I go to. I can't get away from them. Even on holiday in museum gift shops. Who's f'ing buying these things?

meerkat.jpg

Every time I see his smug little face I think of what weapon I would use to shoot his head off?
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby