Rocky the Purple Monster!

Purple Monsta
Purple Monsta Posts: 4
edited November 2012 in Your mountain bikes
I am Rocky and I am a bit of a tart!

I was only built in the summer but I have already caught plenty of eyes particularly when I flashed my wheels whilst popping my trail cherry in Glentress. Berm Baby Berm!!

IMG_0623.JPG

IMG_0647.JPG

Frame: Specialized Rockhopper
Forks: Fox F32 100mm travel
Bars: Raceface
Stem: Raceface
Headset: Superstar
Grips: Superstar

Front Brake Lever: Shimano Deore
Front disc: Superstar
Rear Brake Lever: Deore
Rear Disc: Superstar
Hoses: Shimano

Shifters: Shimano Deore
Front Mech: Shimano Deore
Rear Mech: Shimano Deore

Seat: Charge Ladle
Seat Post: Specialized
Seat Post Clamp: Superstar

Crankset: Shimano Deore
Chain: Shimano
Cassette: Shimano
Pedals: Wellgo
Bottom Bracket: Gusset

Front Wheel: Superstar
Tyre: Maxxis

Back Wheel: Superstar
Tyre: Maxxis

Comments

• chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    i quite like that, i think i would have added a purple seat post to finish it off ? good build, very nice :D
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • nonnac85
    nonnac85 Posts: 1,608
    Love it!
    My Website - Trail Centre info for the UK: MTB Trail Time
  • Ooh I like the sound of a purple seatpost. It has to match the rest of me though! Can't have different shades of purple :shock:

Any ideas on where to start looking?
  • Ooh I like the sound of a purple seatpost. It has to match the rest of me though! Can't have different shades of purple :shock:

Any ideas on where to start looking?

I presume you're Trolling but just in case you're not, you might want to look at everything else that Superstar sell, your purple seatpost is available from them, along with some purple flat pedals, purple saddle, purple stem and probably even a purple headed womb flute if you looked hard enough...

Not really my cup of tea but buy everything! everyone would certainly see you coming
    bird, bird, bird, birds the word
  • nonnac85
    nonnac85 Posts: 1,608
    along with some purple flat pedals, purple saddle, purple stem and probably even a purple headed womb flute if you looked hard enough...

I think tasteful purple is better - I like the black and purple. Stands out without being OTT.
    My Website - Trail Centre info for the UK: MTB Trail Time
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    jimtorch wrote:
      Ooh I like the sound of a purple seatpost. It has to match the rest of me though! Can't have different shades of purple :shock:
      you might want to look at everything else that Superstar sell, your purple seatpost is available from them, along with some purple flat pedals, purple saddle, purple stem and probably even a purple headed womb flute if you looked hard enough...
          this... though i wouldn't go overboard, purple post with black saddle or visa versa, you need to have some contrast :wink:
        Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
      • Do you have a purple helmet?
      • Mark909
        Mark909 Posts: 456
        Heh snap! Although I have even more purple than you I think!!

Instead of a purple seat post I went for a purple seat!

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12845052
      • Mark909
        Mark909 Posts: 456
        Which rims did you go for in the end? I went with superstar am490. They're sweet!
      • My wheels are XC 430. Used for general trail riding and hopping about :-)

I like the purple pedals but not so sure on the saddle. Still - at least it's purple!!

p.s. yes - helmet is purple!