Fails of 2012 some bikes crashes! Painful!

sigorman85
sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
edited November 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Thought this would amuse some of you it did for me but some very painful bits

http://youtu.be/PHsgYnXjyiY
When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2

Comments

• DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    I nearly posted this up after watching it yesterday, some good ones.

Recognise the place at 0:47 .... The Slab at Gisburn :D Wonder if it's anyone from here?????
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Never understood why people have such an issue with the slab!
  • sigorman85
    Ha to look away on some of them as new what was coming
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

• I like that with some of them you wonder what made them think it was a good idea, and have no sympathy when you see it fail. For instance, attempting to roll down some stairs on a desk chair.

Tards of the "Re" variety.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Oooooh! Some of them made me cringe.

But yeah, that slab doesn't look too taxing
  • phoebian
    phoebian Posts: 497
    I really enjoyed the guy bombing the pool.

Covered in ice.
  • sigorman85
    Hahahah what make these fools that they can do some of the things is beyond me

• DodgeT
    Oh and the segway one just before the slab, love how it rams him into the wall :lol:
  • DodgeT
    The slab looks nothing on here, same as most things on vids, but it is pretty tasty in real life. I've done it plenty of times, but it also took plenty of times of looking at it from the top and going "f*ck that, maybe next time" before I did do it. Same as anything really though, once you've done it you wonder what all the fuss was about.
    Can certainly understand why most people don't bother with it. It is also very rocky and if you come off, you can end up in a right mess :)
  • My personal fave was the guy who bounced... that looked brutal. Thankfully nobody films me when I'm out and about, I reckon I'd have my own fail video an hour long.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    08.jpg

Doesn't look too tricky.
  • sigorman85
    I was thinking the same it's not that bad I've been down worse lol

• DanDax1990
    DanDax1990 Posts: 1,201
    12.35 is a personal fav hahaha.
  • DodgeT
    Only absolutely mental stuff looks tricky on camera, go look at it in real life.

Another cracking example is week before last, was at Stile Cop and had a look at the new Walleater line. It is pretty fookin mental, steep and 2 huge drop offs / gap jumps, losing at least 10ft height and clearing approx 20ft. Was a mate do it and it was crazy.
    Watched the video later (as he had his head cam on) just looked like he'd gone down a normal trail centre descent.
  • DodgeT wrote:
    Only absolutely mental stuff looks tricky on camera, go look at it in real life.

Another cracking example is week before last, was at Stile Cop and had a look at the new Walleater line. It is pretty fookin mental, steep and 2 huge drop offs / gap jumps, losing at least 10ft height and clearing approx 20ft. Was a mate do it and it was crazy.
    Watched the video later (as he had his head cam on) just looked like he'd gone down a normal trail centre descent.

Rog - don't forget that here is populated by the most Rad, Hardcore, Gnar riders on the planet :wink:

Red Bull Rampage? Pah, I p!ss on your small gap jumps & tiny drop-offs....
  • sigorman85
    True

• DodgeT
    Proutster wrote:
    Rog - don't forget that here is populated by the most Rad, Hardcore, Gnar riders on the planet :wink:

Forgot that !

Hopefully up for some sort of DH action this sat if your about?
  • DodgeT wrote:
    Hopefully up for some sort of DH action this sat if your about?

Unfortunately busy already this weekend.

Do you fancy joining us down at Cwmcarn DH on Sunday 18th? See the Rides section. I'll be going down with Ritchie63 and Welshkev & Northern Monkey will be there as well.
  • It's the faceplants that make me cringe. Even though I appreciate that some of the others probably hurt more, there is just something about driving your face into the tarmac/dirt that you can actually feel for them.

Still funny when it's someone else though :p
  • It's the faceplants that make me cringe. Even though I appreciate that some of the others probably hurt more, there is just something about driving your face into the tarmac/dirt that you can actually feel for them.

Still funny when it's someone else though :p

Yep, lots of wincing from me whenever there was a faceplant.

You do wonder why on earth they attempt some of these things - are they all whacked off their tits on crystal meth?
  • The guy who jumps the railing and bounces when he hits the ground looked particularly nasty too. I did enjoy the little, winded, "uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" he lets out though.
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Shame no one filmed my spillage at Crudfest :lol:
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • That spillage was THE main reason I bought the goprobvious. I will NOT miss another like that.

I was right behind you when you came off at inners, and I was right behind Proutster when he came off on Spooky wood.

A pattern emerges. See, people wonder why I always ride with big sticks, sideways in my pack, it's because I throw them in your wheels when you're not looking :p
  • I was right behind you when you came off at inners, and I was right behind Proutster when he came off on Spooky wood.

A pattern emerges. See, people wonder why I always ride with big sticks, sideways in my pack, it's because I throw them in your wheels when you're not looking :p

It all makes sense now, I am a riding God but there was outside interference that caused me to wipe my forehead on the ground...
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Love the shoe! And the noise the guy at 7:28 makes.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    It's been removed. :(
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • Caller
    Caller Posts: 124
    It's been removed. :(

Someone obviously didn't like their crash being shown to everyone :D
  • sigorman85
    Here is another one for u guys

Take a look at this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/UsvPZPLzg5A

Sent from my iPhone