which mudguards would you recommend for the Audax bike?

bluedog99
bluedog99 Posts: 183
edited October 2012 in Road buying advice
Hi, which mudguards would you recommend for the Audax bike i am going to buy? I am after full guards that will be a permanent fixture and will be running up tp 28mm tyres. Ant advice welcome. Cheers.
Rourke 853 Team Pro Custom.

Comments

• 16mm
    16mm Posts: 545
    bluedog99 wrote:
    Hi, which mudguards would you recommend for the Audax bike i am going to buy? I am after full guards that will be a permanent fixture and will be running up tp 28mm tyres. Ant advice welcome. Cheers.
    sks longboards are probably the best coverage, and include flaps, but may be a bit ott depending on the bike you are fitting them too. More like 38 coverage maybe.
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    I just fitted SKS Chromoplastics (P35) on my Tifosi CK7 winter bike, running 25mm tyres. There's a flap on the front guard for extra coverage, and a nice reflector built onto the rear guard. No rattles and great coverage. I would recommend them although you might need the next size up if you want to run 28mm tyres?

pics here:
    viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12887619
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • bluedog99
    bluedog99 Posts: 183
    Thanks for the replies, i`ve checked out the longboards and they are probably a bit more than i would want. The SKS look as if they would fit the bill.I will see if i can get them in black, to compare what i want to go with the colour of the bike. Cheers once again.
    Rourke 853 Team Pro Custom.