Entry ladies bike - anything better for £150 ?

mjw123
mjw123 Posts: 61
edited November 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi,

I've found the Raleigh AT10 on offer at £159 at the moment down from £279 - is there anything better (new) at this price point worth looking at ?

RALEIGH FREERIDE AT10 WOMENS LADIES MINT MOUNTAIN BIKE RRP £275 SPECIAL EDITION

The new All Terrain 10 lady's features the same new frame as the men's, but tailored to our women's specific fit using our AIRlite alloy tubing, with terrain soaking Suntour M2025 forks to keep you straight and true. Shimano 21 speed gears to keep you rolling on the lightweight Alloy wheels fitted with puncture proof tyres that will fend off the thorns.

Newly designed AIRlite AL6061 Aluminium mountain bike frame.
Suntour MT2025 suspension forks for a smooth ride.
21 Speed Shimano gears with EZ fire shifters.
Alloy 42/34/24 tooth chainset with 14-28 free-wheel
Powerful light action alloy V-brakes.
Lightweight alloy rims running on quick release alloy hubs with puncture resistant tyres.
Outland quill stem with low rise bars and dual density comfort grips.
Selle Royal Mach Saddle.
Weight 15kg

tia,
Mike.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    It's similar to many other bikes of the same price, will be difficult to get anything any better that is new unless you up the budget.
  • mjw123
    Thanks - any examples so i can do a quick comparison.
  • stannie
    stannie Posts: 167
    Would a second hand bike not be a better bet - and does it have to be ladies or will a small men's bike not do?
    ....................................................................................................
    Waterford RS-14
    Trek Domane SL6
    Ridley Noah SL

A woman can never have too many bikes!
  • mjw123
    Yeah a smalls men would be fine but it's a present so new otherwise it's a bit naff imho
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Have a look at the Decathlon Rockrider 5.1
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    mjw123 wrote:
    Yeah a smalls men would be fine but it's a present so new otherwise it's a bit naff imho

Really? I would rather get a better but second hand pressie, than a new but not as good one..... But maybe i'm just weird :oops:

Also, should the lady in question not like it (or cycling) then you'll probably your money back on a second hand one, but no chance of getting anything like the money back on a more budget new bike. No offence meant - I say this as someone who sees A LOT of ladies bikes on Ebay etc :D

Good luck anyway!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc