Rock Shox Recon

insaino86
insaino86 Posts: 32
edited November 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
I recently got a set of Silver Recons.

When I first fitted them i noticed that they were quite soft, and later found that to be down to the stock medium springs.

Had been out a few times on flat ride, however took them out for a proper test at Gisburn Forest on Saturday. Performed well never noticed any bottom outs or problems.

I then Washed my bike the day after and noticed that the shocks seem a lot stiffer and make a clicking noise when compressing?

Has anyone else had this?

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Is the lockout fully off?
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    clicking is the valves working.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • yes lock is fully off.

Assumign clicking is normal

Shocks are definately stiffer though, how do you explain that?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Sometimes it takes a few hits of full travel to move the oil into the right place in the damper.
  • insaino86 wrote:
    yes lock is fully off.

Shocks are definitely stiffer though, how do you explain that?
    coil or solo air? I'm assuming coil, but the outside temperature can make a difference with coil forks and how stiff they are
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    insaino86 wrote:
    yes lock is fully off.

Shocks are definitely stiffer though, how do you explain that?
    coil or solo air? I'm assuming coil, but the outside temperature can make a difference with coil forks and how stiff they are
    Unlikely.
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    insaino86 wrote:
    I then Washed my bike the day after and noticed that the shocks seem a lot stiffer and make a clicking noise when compressing?

Has anyone else had this?
      when you say got them recently, how recently, and were they new?
      mine were like that, but then i've had mine quite a while, gave them a service today, amazing the difference a good clean and actually having suspension fluid where there supposed to have it makes
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011