The 'let it all out' thread - who do you hate the most?

tailwindhome
tailwindhome Posts: 18,879
edited May 2014 in Pro race
Lot of hating on the forum.

So who do you hate the most?

*rational reason not required, it's your bile, you spew it where ever you like.
“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!

Comments

• can you add the Taliban of Twitter as an option, please?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,218
    I don't hate any of them, I have never met them. I'm sure they would all be very nice if you sat down and had a drink with them however tough call between LA, JB and HV ;)
  • tailwindhome
    can you add the Taliban of Twitter as an option, please?

Added to Internet Forum People to form the the Axis of Online Gobshites
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • can you add the Taliban of Twitter as an option, please?

Added to Internet Forum People to form the the Axis of Online Gobshites

Nice.
  • tailwindhome
    10th and final option added.

Can't believe I forgot them!
  • 10th and final option added.

Can't believe I forgot them!

certainly couldnt accuse you of being unbalanced
  • Valverde. Horrible man.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Contador - the unrepentance, the lies, the unrepentance, the innanity, the unrepentance, the total lack of anything between his ears, the unrepentance.

I don't want to wish death on him or anything, but just a minor mechanical in every important race that looses him 15 mins or so would do me nicely....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    edited October 2012
    Contador clearly in the lead?..

Jesus. He might have doped but considering the other voting options, that his a very sympathic guy and he is an exciting rider - that's truly laughable.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    edited October 2012
    Did the title not give you the idea that that was exactly what the point of this thread was Thom?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ThomThom wrote:
    Contador clearly in the lead?..

Jesus. He might have doped but considering the other voting options, that his a very sympathic guy and he is an exiting rider - that's truly laughable.

If only that were true.....
  • thomthom
    Argh! missing c.
  • ThomThom wrote:
    Argh! missing c.

That's pretty much what I say about Bertie
  • I don't know what it says about me but I found it very hard to choose just one :( :oops: . So I have given it much thought (well twenty seconds) and plumped for Hein. Partly because I can't stand his red puggy face and weird hairline but mostly because in my utopian little universe the others I was going for - The Hog, Valverde and Contador - wouldn't either be hateful, meaning they wouldn't have done the things they did, or they wouldn't still be in the sport if it wasn't for Hein. Oh and the twitter taliban woudn't have much to crow about (minus Sky and black socks :wink: ) if it wasn't for Hein. As I said utopian but I was only allowed to pick one.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • ddraver wrote:
    Contador - the unrepentance, the lies, the unrepentance, the innanity, the unrepentance, the total lack of anything between his ears, the unrepentance.

Oh god when you put it like that I should have gone for Bertie! :evil:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,245
    It's boring but I always hated Armstrong.

Always will.

Used to really dislike Cav. That's mellowed a bit.

Don't really like Gilbert.

Most yank riders I don't like either.
  • Lichtblick
    Lichtblick Posts: 1,434
    Why only one vote? (The only time I've done a poll here, people could vote for multiples)

I don't do "hate". It's pointless in that it hurts the hater more than the hatee. However,
    ddraver wrote:

I don't want to wish death on him or anything, but just a minor mechanical in every important race that looses him 15 mins or so would do me nicely....

Armstrong, the unrepentance, the lies, the unrepentance, the hypocricy, the unrepentance, the total lack of anything honest in anything he ever said or did, the unrepentance, the denial.

I don't want to wish death on him or anything, but just hiding from the entire world's media for the entire rest of his life and wondering how much he's screwed up his kids' psychologies .............

Contador has a huge edge on Armstrong. He is far better looking at any stage of any race and also off the bike. IMO.
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Very amusing that Clenbutador is top. But I still hate Lance most.
  • tailwindhome
    Lichtblick wrote:
    Why only one vote? (The only time I've done a poll here, people could vote for multiples)

You need to focus your bile.
    Don't really like Gilbert.

Any particular reason why?
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    There aren't many cyclists I hate, but there are plenty I dislike (Contador, F Schleck the obvious two). A strong dislike for Thomas De Gendt has grown over the last couple of years, but not really sure why. So the vote probably has to go to certain forum posters.

I do hate Anne Heche, but she wasn't listed.
  • thomthom
    ddraver wrote:

Btw, how would you describe Lance then?
  • tailwindhome
    Turfle wrote:
    Schleck.... obvious

Doh!
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    To be honest I voted Valverde because even though I hate Lance the most I think Valverde deserves plenty of hate and Lance is a given.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Frank Schleck - The Lies, The Unrepentance, The Lies, The Unrepentance (twice once for training plans now a positive), the Lies, The Unrepentance, His Smug face, the whine 'do we have to go down hills', the Lies, the 'it's to dangerous' the Lies, the Unrepentance, the 'hold my hand brother', the 'oh wheres my brother', the 'hang on while I wait for my brother', the Lies, the Unrepentance, the Lies, the fact that if left to the Lux authorities he will probably get away with it, the Lies, the Unrepentance, the fact that if he did it his brother almost certainly did too, the Lies, the Unrepentance, the 'its all about the Tour' mentality, the 'I can only ride my bike for 3 weeks of a year to any decent standard', The lies, his smug face, the Lies, the Unrepentance.

He wasn't an option though.
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    nathancom wrote:
    To be honest I voted Valverde because even though I hate Lance the most I think Valverde deserves plenty of hate and Lance is a given.

I think the thing is with Lance is that it's gone past the caring stage, everyone hates Lance, it's just a given. But then I had a think and yeah, actually he is the one to vote for.
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    Is it just me or is this pretty funny

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... night.html
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Hate seems like a weird reaction to people involved in a sport we all love. How do you feel about proper bad people? Not even Lance deserves to be burnt at the stake!
  • I think what I feel for Lance is more than hate. It is disappointment that someone could be so utterly cynical and calculating laced with pity (that they would feel they needed to be so utterly cynical and calculating). I am clearly thinking about this all far to much. Humph it's only bike racing, you should see the royal sized shats I have to encounter on a daily basis for work, they make Lance, Verbruggen et.al look like a shining example of integrity and moral probity.
  • Lichtblick
    Lichtblick wrote:

You need to focus your bile.

Hi TailWind, I don't have any bile on this subject. It's only bike racing.

Edit: It's only one single subject out of dozens in which I take an interest
    Edit2: As previously posted, to "hate" or have "bile" towards people whom I'll never meet is completely pointless.
    Edit3: Having said that, I hate Blair and wish him nothing but ill. Yet he thrives, don't he? :roll:
  • Lichtblick
    inseine wrote:
    Hate seems like a weird reaction to people involved in a sport we all love. How do you feel about proper bad people? Not even Lance deserves to be burnt at the stake!

Agree. Armstrong's in his own self-inflicted hell now anyway. In the dictionary under "perpetual ignominy" it says "see Armstrong, Lance".