click from my wheel

chris_bass
chris_bass Posts: 4,913
edited November 2012 in Workshop
Hi

My bike has had a bit of a click since i got it, at first it was just when i stood on the pedals when going up hill or applying pressure and moving from side to side but this weekend it seemed to click with almost every spin of the wheel regardless of if i was in the saddle or on the pedals.

i have tried removing the handlebars and replacing and making sure those bolts are fully tight, there are no loose spokes and the wheels run true, QR skewer is nice and tight.

any ideas?
www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes

Comments

• fortyone
    fortyone Posts: 166
    If it's a click through the pedal revolution have you tried greasing the pedals? You are a bit vague on which area it might be coming from.
  • chris_bass
    its from my wheel, i put it in the title :)

its not the pedals and happens with each turn of the wheel but only when i'm on the bike, not if i lift it and spin the wheel
  • pinarellokid
    pinarellokid Posts: 1,208
    so if your rolling along without pedalling can you still hear it?

or is the sound only there when you are putting the wheel under load and pedalling??

which wheel front or rear?
    Specialized S Works SL2 . Campagnolo Record 11spd. rolling on Campag Zonda wheels

http://app.strava.com/athletes/881211
  • boogi11
    boogi11 Posts: 354
    I had this problem, and it was after taking advice on this forum and removed the nut tht goes over the tyre valve, it was clicking against the Hole in the rim, since I put the nut back on it has stopped.
  • chris_bass
    thanks for the replies.
    i'll give that nut thing a go, although can't remember off the top of my head if it has one on! but if it does it wont be there for long!

yeah rolling without pedalling and its still there but not if i get off the bike lift it up and spin the wheel so it only seems to be when it has weight applied, its the front wheel.