Santini Bib Sizing?

cameron64
cameron64 Posts: 3
edited October 2012 in Road buying advice
Hi,
I'm thinking about getting some Santini bib shorts, http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=29163 those ones to be exact. I'm 191cm, 68kg with a 30 inch waist and ~36 inch hips. Which size would be best for me, if any?

Comments

• mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    go onto prendas website and look at some santini shorts on there, they have the size guide and its very accurate. if you find some on their you like buy from them great service.
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    If you can afford it, it might be a good idea to buy more than one pair, in different sizes. Then just send back the ones that don't fit.

That may seem to be a hassle but believe me it's less hassle than recieving one pair that doesn't fit then sending it back and having to re-order a different size. Or putting up with clothes that are too big or too small because you can't be bothered to send them back!
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    As Mallorcajeff said buy from Prendas - service is second to none and you get them next day delivery. i guess size 3xl would be ok.
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    Call the guys at Prendas, very helpful, but I wouldnt get any bigger than large maybe medium. They might be short on the leg though. Ive got large Santini and i'm 32" waist, 178cm and they arent that tight or that long.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • I emailed all my size details to Prendas and got an (almost) instant sizing reply, including options depending on whether I wanted snug or roomy fit. Their website also details whether certain garments come up a size larger (the long sleeve stuff tends to), which I took into account when ordering.

I bought one size, it arrived the next day and the fit was perfect considering I wanted "roomy". Their Santini prices are unbeatable too as they seem to buy really cleverly. I still cannot get over the price of the long sleeve Vattenfall jerseys (40 quid), and all because (it seems) somebody over ordered long sleeve for sale at a summer event !
  • I emailed Prendas for advice and got a very quick reply, I shall buy from there.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Slight hijack, how are the jersey sizing? as a 37" it was whether the to go the smaller 36-38 or if its a small/tight sizing then go up to the 38-40.

Sorry for the hijack, popped in to as I was tempted with some bib shorts too
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    i wouldl go up to 38-40 but depends how you like your fit. 36-38 will be "snug"