Missed out on a second hand bike , how annoying

p1tse
p1tse Posts: 694
edited October 2012 in Road buying advice
So I've been on the look out for a cube 53cm and on the off chance a bike shop online had one
Showed my interest and then left email last night I'll take it, and will leave deposit. Only to find out it was sold this morning when I called at noon :(

So back on the look for a cube 53cm with 105/ultegra setup

The one I saw would have been perfect as from a shop which included fitting and swapping of parts length if required for like for like.

On a lower budget too and fitted the bill. Oh well, lets see what's next round the corner
Wanted: Cube Streamer/Agree GTC Compact / Pro/ Race : 53cm

Comments

• iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Have had this a few times, when the right one turns up you have to move fast! stick an ad in the wanted section.
  • p1tse
    iPete wrote:
    Have had this a few times, when the right one turns up you have to move fast! stick an ad in the wanted section.

Thanks
    Have done before with no response
    New to this road bike scene just didn't expect a bike to go 24 hrs after being put online

It was £500 for a mint streamer with 105/ultegra

Didn't really want to spend much more and hooked on the cube for feel design look and fit as having been in several bikes the cube 53cm just felt right

Seen some eBay ones but too much £
  • buckmulligan
    buckmulligan Posts: 1,031
    p1tse wrote:
    It was £500 for a mint streamer with 105/ultegra

That is a bargain! Good luck trying to match that, the groupset alone is probably worth £500! The best I can advise is this:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/giant-tcr-1-compact-2012/

A small may be too small for you though. Not sure how a 53 cm Cube frame compares, but I had a old Giant SCR2.0 in a small (49cm) frame and it was very similar to my current 52cm Allez, so might be worth considering.
  • p1tse
    It was one of their part ex bikes so a second hand one

Doh, should have pulled the card out 12 hours earlier