Cav & Bernie - It's Over...

TMR
TMR Posts: 3,986
edited November 2012 in Pro race
Seems like the love in between Bernie and Cav is over. I'm sure you all know Bernie has re-signed at SKY for 3 years, but I read an interesting quote from Cav in the latest Cycling Weekly, which was to the effect of "I was heartbroken when I read that Bernie had resigned for 3 years".

So Bernie didn't tell him beforehand? Clearly had enough of his prima donna behaviour...

Comments

• rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    Aye clearly....

Or maybe Eisel is simply doing what is best for his career. That'll be madness :P
  • Cav being a tad drama queenish as usual...Bernie looking after his own career, good for him.
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    Bernie, G and stannard for the cobbles. not amazing but still not bad. Plus I think wiggo could do a job on the cobbles
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • Bernie, G and stannard for the cobbles. not amazing but still not bad. Plus I think wiggo could do a job on the cobbles

P-R - he'll go for it before he retires
  • cal_stewart
    yeah the GT body is not the best for one dayers
    eating parmos since 1981

Cervelo P5 EPS
  • TMR
    rebs wrote:
    Aye clearly....

Or maybe Eisel is simply doing what is best for his career. That'll be madness :P

He undoubtedly is. I'm not forlorn about it, just posting for the benefit of others.
  • Bernie, G and stannard for the cobbles. not amazing but still not bad. Plus I think wiggo could do a job on the cobbles

P-R - he'll go for it before he retires

Wiggo? Possibly.

Hayman getting better at P-R with age too...
  • frosty99
    frosty99 Posts: 115
    Bernie got his sky contract on the back of the world champion and green jersey holder demanding it. He would probably have to take a pay cut (as cav would have done) to go with him to opqs. he obviously enjoys sky so asking him to leave and take a pay cut was probs too much for even the most loyal of domestiques.
  • frosty99 wrote:
    Bernie got his sky contract on the back of the world champion and green jersey holder demanding it. He would probably have to take a pay cut (as cav would have done) to go with him to opqs. he obviously enjoys sky so asking him to leave and take a pay cut was probs too much for even the most loyal of domestiques.

On the contrary, apparently Cav's agent managed to get him a payrise out of OPQS :shock:
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    I reackon Cav's 'I want Bernie to stay with me for the rest of my career' was a more insulting quote. Read as 'F*ck Bernie and his own Career, he's sh*t, he can drag me over lumps for the next 10 years, f*ck 'im'.
  • Wiggins is so thin I fear he will snap in two riding over cobbles :D
  • He'd have to be on a hefty pie diet, for sure
  • TMR
    I reackon Cav's 'I want Bernie to stay with me for the rest of my career' was a more insulting quote. Read as 'F*ck Bernie and his own Career, he's sh*t, he can drag me over lumps for the next 10 years, f*ck 'im'.

Indeed.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,596
    Isn't it simply the case that Sky found him useful and didn't wish to release him? Combine this with him being quite happy at Sky as well. It wouldn't surpise me if they are on the same team at some point in the future.
  • TheBigBean wrote:
    Isn't it simply the case that Sky found him useful and didn't wish to release him? Combine this with him being quite happy at Sky as well. It wouldn't surpise me if they are on the same team at some point in the future.

Nope, cos he actually signed an extension. Its not a case of him just seeing out the end of his contract.

http://road.cc/content/news/69306-berni ... -part-ways
  • ermintrude wrote:
    Wiggins is so thin I fear he will snap in two riding over cobbles :D

He has already done Roubaix, here he is in 2011 giving Thomas a wheel at Arenberg.

WIGGINS-FALLS-289x421.jpg
  • cal_stewart
    didn't he come in the 20's when at Garmin in P-R
    eating parmos since 1981

Cervelo P5 EPS
  • didn't he come in the 20's when at Garmin in P-R

25th in 2009 for Garmin.
  • Seems like the love in between Bernie and Cav is over. I'm sure you all know Bernie has re-signed at SKY for 3 years, but I read an interesting quote from Cav in the latest Cycling Weekly, which was to the effect of "I was heartbroken when I read that Bernie had resigned for 3 years".

So Bernie didn't tell him beforehand? Clearly had enough of his prima donna behaviour...

Maybe he read it in a text or email from Bernie?
  • roypsb
    roypsb Posts: 309
    I think there's a lot to be said for having someone like Bernie Eisel on your team. He must be great for team morale.
  • Cavendish is a sh*t overrated bike rider.

He's a joke.
  • roypsb
    roypsb Posts: 309
    Cavendish is a sh*t overrated bike rider.

He's a joke.

Yeah, of course he is :roll:
  • Yeah, of course he is

Correct.
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206

He's a joke.

Maybe you should let OPQS know before its too late.
  • Maybe you should let OPQS know before its too late.

Too late they've already signed him.
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734

He's a joke.

Grand Tours:

Tour de France:
    Points classification (2011)
    23 stages (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)

Giro d'Italia:
    10 stages, 2 TTT (2008, 2009, 2011, 2012)

Vuelta a España:
    Points classification (2010)
    3 stages, 1 TTT (2010)

Single-Day Races and Classics:
    UCI World Road Race Champion (2011)
    Milan – San Remo (2009)
    Grote Scheldeprijs (2007, 2008, 2011)
    Kuurne–Brussels–Kuurne (2012)

Other Stage Races:
    Ster ZLM Toer (2012)

Yeah what a waste of money :roll:
  • Itsabouthebike, you really do post some of the most knobbish posts on this forum. 'Cav is a sh4t bike rider', Cookson is a 'tosser' because he didn't write you a personal, hand-crafted email...its just like a kid who hasn't developed beyond throwing out abusive little phrases in the playground.

Have you thought about trying to become a Daily Mail columnist? You could do well there
  • 'Cav is a sh4t bike rider',

Maybe a bit over the top....................but he's not, in my eyes, anywhere near such greats as Simspon, Millar etc.

He may have a great turn of speed over the last 200 meters, but he can't even get over 3rd cat climbs with the peleton (this years TDF) to contest the finish.

Great that we've had a world champion to elevate the sport here, but the race was the most boring race ever. 6 hours watching paint dry.

If he started getting, or initiating breaks I might have a different stance.

As for Cookson...............the UCI has come under enough fire recently, which should make people stop and think about how the organisation is percieved.
  • jamlala
    jamlala Posts: 284
    'Cav is a sh4t bike rider',

Maybe a bit over the top....................but he's not, in my eyes, anywhere near such greats as Simspon, Millar etc.

He may have a great turn of speed over the last 200 meters, but he can't even get over 3rd cat climbs with the peloton (this years TDF) to contest the finish.

Great that we've had a world champion to elevate the sport here, but the race was the most boring race ever. 6 hours watching paint dry.

If he started getting, or initiating breaks I might have a different stance.

As for Cookson...............the UCI has come under enough fire recently, which should make people stop and think about how the organisation is percieved.

Are you for real? The guy is a sprinter, why would he get in or initiate breaks?! I don't think his DS would be most impressed if he did! As for the quote above, it makes it sound like you could do so much better.....
    Cannondale Supersix 105 2013- summer bike - love it!
    Cannondale CAAD12 - racing fun!
    Trek Crockett 5 - CX bike, muddy fun!
    Scott Scale 940 MTB XC racer.
    __@    
    _`\<,_   
    ---- (*)/ (*)