Glove recommendations?

irvs
irvs Posts: 204
edited October 2012 in MTB buying advice
Evening everyone, I badly need new gloves but haven't a clue what's decent and what's rubbish, could I get some glove recommendations please.

Neil

Comments

• benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    The only way to buy gloves is to try them on. That said, Ive found fox and Royal ones to be very good over the years, but do try them on first!
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    At the moment I'm using some Fox Dirtpaw 'Rockstar' (very good), 2011 Royal Blast (stitching coming undone after a handful of rides - probably just a duff pair) and some Urge Snowsports 'snowboarding' gloves which are useless in the snow or when it's really cold but nice and warm for early morning (dry) rides when the temp is below 4 or 5°C
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    benpinnick wrote:
    The only way to buy gloves is to try them on. That said, Ive found fox and Royal ones to be very good over the years, but do try them on first!

Not for me. I just order XL and they're always fine.
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    You obviously have mouldable hands! I cant use Endura one s as I find they bunch, 661 are too tight on the fingers (or too baggy on the palm etc....
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • concorde
    concorde Posts: 1,008
    Bought some Specialiased Enduro the other day, really like them, but can't see them being up to much in the depths of winter! Kept my hands warm/dry even when wet though the other day.
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    Another try before you buy vote from me. Especially with gloves with extra gel and padded areas.

I don't get on with Specialized BG gloves the pad seems to make my palm ache after 20 mins or so. I much prefer a nice thin palm with minimal padding.

Once you've tried a few and know roughly what you like and don't, then buying from the web become less of a lottery.
  • Coolnick
    Coolnick Posts: 380
    Highly recommend the Endura Dexter glove for UK winter use and 661 Raji for summer
    Boardman HT Comp 2012>
    Spesh Rockhopper 2004 - 2012