Winter waterproof bibs

peteone
peteone Posts: 152
edited October 2012 in Road buying advice
Hi folks, apologise if this has been done to death, did a quick search and couldn't find any info on it. I'm looking for some good quality winter waterproof bibs if there is such a thing. I bought some mavic infernos last week and while they were warm they don't seem very water resistant.

Is there anything out there that ticks all the boxes?

Cheers :D
Cervelo R3
Giant TCR SL
Ibis Tranny

Comments

• Sentral
    Sentral Posts: 64
    I'm also looking for these, I've only found 'non waterproof' items. I guess your legs would get pretty sweaty though?
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    You'd sweat like a b@stard in waterproof bibs. I think they are available, but a really bad idea. If you get some thermal roubaix bibs then even though they're not waterproof you'll still be warm on all but the coldest and wettest days and they dry very quickly when the rain stops. Having dry/warm feet and hands is way more important anyway IMO.
    More problems but still living....
  • Lusso Max Repels. I've had a pair for about 8 years and they're still going strong, they have a fleece lining zipped front and foot loops. However I will say nothing is fully water proof after a few washes they will start to lose the repellant but you can buy waterproofing agents to wash them in, that will keep them in good nick.
  • To the OP - thanks for your interest in the Mavic tights. You might have been mis-directed by a retailer, as the Inferno is meant to be a warm winter tight, but not water-resistant. The Hydro H20 bib tight is not as heavily insulated, but it's intended to be much more water resistant... for rides in the rain!
    Sorry you wound up with a product that isn't doing the intended job. But we do have what you're looking for, if you care to give it a try.
    happy riding, stay dry -

thanks -
    Mavic Zack
    Mavic USA communications guy
    www.mavic.com