Have you ever been bummed by an owl?

Vesterberg
Vesterberg Posts: 330
edited July 2019 in The bottom bracket
It's for a Phd I'm doing.

Comments

• blimey, Chasey's normally faster than this. If this stays up for 5 more minutes I've won a fiver
  • Can we have some check boxes? It's not a straight yes/no answer??
  • heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,076
    He's not as 'Eagle' eyed as you thought. But I guess he'll have a 'little' 'Barn'y when he catches up with you. Umm.. while drinking a 'tawny' port? I dunno.
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    Loads of times. My ringpiece is quite sore from the sheer frequency of owlbummings I've received
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    Vesterberg wrote:

Snowy-t isn't.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Vesterberg wrote:

Is it entitled Owls About That Then?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Split the fiver with me and I won't PM Sherriff Chasey with a complaint about the spurious, mindless, banal threads posted in BB :wink:
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • CrunchyToes
    CrunchyToes Posts: 2
    edited February 2016
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • iainment
    iainment Posts: 992
    A Wednesday fan?
    Old hippies don't die, they just lie low until the laughter stops and their time comes round again.
    Joseph Gallivan
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    orly-9.jpg
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • lucan2
    lucan2 Posts: 293
    I think so, but could you define 'owl'?
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • No, but my cat has.
  • I was being followed an owl who kept winking at me giving me the come on but in the end the owl changed its mind as it was raining.

Yep the owl declined because it was too wet to woo....

I'll get me coat. :wink:
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    I was offered once but I declined. The owl in question wasn't much of a head-turner.

The older I get, the better I was.

• team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Given the size of an owls cloacal protuberance it would be unlikely, now an ostrich would be a different matter... :shock:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    I was being followed an owl who kept winking at me giving me the come on but in the end the owl changed its mind as it was raining.

Owl'll get me coat. :wink:

FTFY.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • nevman wrote:
    I was being followed an owl who kept winking at me giving me the come on but in the end the owl changed its mind as it was raining.

Owl'll get me coat. :wink:

FTFY.

Wahey !
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • I was being followed an owl who kept winking at me giving me the come on but in the end the owl changed its mind as it was raining.
    Was it pellet-ing down? If it was that wet, presumably you had to feather your brakes......?
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    what about if you got left hooked by a car, ended up in a ditch an just by chance your shorts fell down an you happen to land on a owl

is that still classed as being bummed?
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • mudcow007 wrote:
    is that still classed as being bummed?

No, that's bumming an owl, the owl would have to fall in your arse, to be bummed by an owl.

I would like this point being cleared up because being bummed by an owl is one thing, but bumming an owl.....c'mon that's just sick man.
  • pdstsp
    pdstsp Posts: 1,264
    Never been bummed by any nocturnal birds. Got offered a blow job by an ostrich once.
    Was it pellet-ing down? If it was that wet, presumably you had to feather your brakes......?

It was dodgy as I was swooping down a hill quite fast and I do admit I was flapping.... :P
  • cornerblock
    pdstsp wrote:
    Never been bummed by any nocturnal birds. Got offered a blow job by an ostrich once.

Sure it weren't a Turkey?
  • pdstsp
    No that was a gobble.
  • cornerblock
    tumblr_m2xqlbGLv31qk20afo1_400.jpg
  • pdstsp
    Just nodding it home for you :lol:
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    pdstsp wrote:

Sure it weren't a Turkey?

Got the arsing of a lifetime off a kestrel. Does anyone know where the f*ck they used to hang out before motorway verges?
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • CrunchyToes
    CrunchyToes Posts: 2
    edited February 2016
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I'll get me coat. :wink:

:lol: nice.
    Trek 1.1c (2012) - For commuting
    Trek Madone 5.5c (2010) - For pleasure http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o62 ... G_0413.jpg