Anyone know the size of derailler needed for a talon 3?

Kerrmit1992
Kerrmit1992 Posts: 275
edited October 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
So I have a talon 3, and looking to upgrade some of the components with the ones off the top of the range talon as it is not expensive and makes things a better :-)

Anyways, was looking at a front derailler here - http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=40546

But unfortunately, I have no idea what size I need.

Any help would be much appreciated :-)

Thanks
Craig
Mountain biking is the bicycle version or rallying, except you don't need a Co-Driver!

Comments

• benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    They are mainly universal fit now. Either way a waste of money though. Front mechs are much of a muchness.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    If you must replace it, the current one will have the size stamped in the inside of the band that mounts it to the frame.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Wouldn't bother personally, deore is good but not a worthwhile step up from acera unless you're buying the whole groupset and replacing it all.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I think yours is a top swing so that probably wouldn't fit anyway.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Yeah, it's not so much the size or the pull, it is what fits - conventional or normal. Suspension mounts and bottle holes get in the way. Check which you have now and buy the same.
  • Well it says on the giant website that's the derailler from the top of the range talon :-O ... I would imagine they were all the same frame with just different components?
    Mountain biking is the bicycle version or rallying, except you don't need a Co-Driver!
  • Chunkers1980
    Spend your money else where is wiser. Like shifters, suspension and wheels.
  • cooldad
    Are you sure? Deore comes in top and bottom swing.
    But if it makes you happy, get it.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • I was wanting to upgrade all the components :-)
  • cooldad
    Sounds like you bought the wrong bike.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • It was good until things started getting more extreme :-) ... Plus, was desperate for a bike and only had 600 quid :-( lol
  • Chunkers1980
    What got extreme?