How was your Saturday ride?

2»

Comments

• It was last Thurs. Taff Trail Brecon to Cardiff Bay on my 1998 Marin Palisades Trail. 55 miles. Headwind all the way, no sun but no rain and temp 10 to 12c. Didn't see another soul until well S of Merthyr. Garmin 500 lost GPS signal in the woods at Fforest Fawr. Suunto watch said 6 hrs total. Chain slip S of Pontypridd. Note to self - time to change it now, 14 years and 6k+ miles. Should do the whole drive train really before it takes me out. Back on the road bike on Wed.
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    Good run to a gusty Richmond park. Felt like I was running into winds all the way round except the Richmond to Kingston gate. Tried a couple of hills on the way back and just enjoyed it.
  • gthyer
    gthyer Posts: 46
    My Saturday ride was hard hard work. Thought I'd do a session of hill repeats along the watergate bay coast.

34 miles with 3500 feet of climbing. 14 climbs, all with sections of between 15-20%. Would have been painful at the best of times, but there was also a monster 20mph wind coming from the north. In some places I had to pedal downhill to keep going :x

Took me 2 hours 15 minutes. Just under 15mph average :( Nice route but the wind took a lot of the enjoyment out of it (apart from two beautiful sheltered sweeping descents). Don't think I'll be tackling that again in a strong wind!
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7
    Curtis MX24
    Pashley 26mhz

http://www.strava.com/athletes/3040565