Alex Dowset leaves sky.

Paul 8v
Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
edited October 2012 in Pro race
Can't post the link as I'm on the mobile but Alex Dowsett has just announced he will be leaving Sky for Movistar. Shame to see him go but hopefully he will get a grand tour ride. Makes me wonder if anyone is going to be left at sky by the end of the week!

Comments

• symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Any reason given for the move? Or just to get on the grand tour scene?
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    See transfers thread
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Paul 8v
    Doesn't give a specific reason only he's looking forward to a new opportunity. I suppose if they offered him enough money, bills to pay and all that but it'll be a shame not to see him at sky.
  • Paul 8v
    See transfers thread
    Sorry, should have realised I'd not got the scoop on this one! Please delete mods :-)
  • hangeron
    hangeron Posts: 127
    Now If I was a cynic........

he's left sky just after they announced the year zero drugs thing...and he's moved to a spanish team
  • hangeron wrote:
    Now If I was a cynic........

he's left sky just after they announced the year zero drugs thing...and he's moved to a spanish team

Well, as a cynic, probably helpful to know that this move to Movistar has been in the offing for several months.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,473
    hangeron wrote:
    Now If I was an idiot who wasn't aware that Dowsett has been talking about moving for ages........

Fixed.
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    He was a legend.

Or was that Lance...?
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • maddog 2 wrote:
    He was a legend.

Or was that Lance...?

Throw a dart at a host of riders names and anyone of them could have/has said that this year, tbh

Doesnt make it worthy of cruxifiction by media and internetz peeps