Steven de Jongh Leaves Team Sky

AdrianStuart
AdrianStuart Posts: 140
edited October 2012 in Pro race

Comments

• jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    No, not at all fair play. Whoever hired him has to resign - Team Sky had a zero tolerance policy, yet they've hired numerous dopers, and saying "well done for being honest" is particularly odd thing for the managers to say about someone who had lied and misled them for 3 years. Their HR department is as woeful as their PR one.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    best reply so far on FB is.

i have never doped. I can drive and talk into a radio at the same time. Can i have a job as director sportive?
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • jibberjim wrote:
    No, not at all fair play. Whoever hired him has to resign - Team Sky had a zero tolerance policy, yet they've hired numerous dopers, and saying "well done for being honest" is particularly odd thing for the managers to say about someone who had lied and misled them for 3 years. Their HR department is as woeful as their PR one.

If Dave B didn't know, he should be sacked for not doing due diligence. I he did know, he must go for signing people against his own zero tolerance policy.

Compassionate ruthlessness I believe that is known as.
  • I do wonder what exactly it is some of you want from a British cycling team that wins...
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • jibberjim wrote:

If Dave B didn't know, he should be sacked for not doing due diligence. I he did know, he must go for signing people against his own zero tolerance policy.

This is the exact damned if they do damned if they dont scenario that seems to apply to Sky , Brailsford, Wiggins and the rest amongst certain people ..... Sky would be out of their f**king minds to sack Brailsford , and anyone suggesting it likewise.

I dont mean to get personal i really dont , but looking at you're surname i presume you are Spanish ? , how any Spaniard can have the audacity to say what you're saying i dont know , take a look at you're own house first which lets be honest is a total f**king joke , Spain more than any other nation takes the complete p.iss out of the sport , getting rid of everything Spanish would go a long way to sorting the sport out.

If you're not Spanish , sorry about that , the points still stand though.
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    jibberjim wrote:

This is the exact damned if they do damned if they dont scenario that seems to apply to Sky , Brailsford, Wiggins and the rest amongst certain people ..... Sky would be out of their f**king minds to sack Brailsford , and anyone suggesting it likewise.

I dont mean to get personal i really dont , but looking at you're surname i presume you are Spanish ? , how any Spaniard can have the audacity to say what you're saying i dont know , take a look at you're own house first which lets be honest is a total f**king joke , Spain more than any other nation takes the complete p.iss out of the sport , getting rid of everything Spanish would go a long way to sorting the sport out.

Haha that is like saying someone with a British surname can never criticise Colonialism or hypocrisy. Yeah those people with Spanish names should be ashamed of those Spanish names...
  • Good comeback :?

Why would it be madness to sack Dave B? He's failed the zero tolerance policy as far as I can tell.

What does he do again? Remember Sky approached him, not vice versa. The infrastructure is in place, maybe a non cycling background is needed to run these teams? From what I heard he was a disruptive influence at races so now it's all set up maybe fresh blood is needed.
  • I do wonder what exactly it is some of you want from a British cycling team that wins...

I agree. Sky seem to be taking a very bold approach (although I suspect this is driven by the senior management in the media side of the business - even Murdoch perhaps) but ultimately they are putting all the other teams in the shade. I also suspect this is all about sponsorship as well. I can't imagine new sponsors are looking at any other team but Sky at this moment - very shrewd
    Wilier Izoard XP "Petacchi"/ Campag Veloce/ Fulcrum Racing 5
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7/ Campag Xenon
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Why has it all been fits and starts regarding team staff leaving ??? One day it's Leinders, a week later it's julich. 4 days after that it yates. Were they all hedging their bets that they would get kept on !!! - As for Yates that has to be the biggest laugh in ages "Yates has retired" yeah and we were all born yesterday as there has been nothing happening in the pro cycling world this weather eh :roll: .
  • oneof1982
    oneof1982 Posts: 703
    Good comeback :?

Why would it be madness to sack Dave B? He's failed the zero tolerance policy as far as I can tell.

What does he do again? Remember Sky approached him, not vice versa. The infrastructure is in place, maybe a non cycling background is needed to run these teams? From what I heard he was a disruptive influence at races so now it's all set up maybe fresh blood is needed.

Wot? :roll: :roll:
  • nathancom wrote:
    jibberjim wrote:

Haha that is like saying someone with a British surname can never criticise Colonialism or hypocrisy. Yeah those people with Spanish names should be ashamed of those Spanish names...

Im not saying he cant criticise though , he can say what he likes , but hes way way off the mark , i cant help but find his views laughable about one of the sports good guys , theres some major irony going on there ........ hes letting his little agenda short sight himself whilst ignoring the big picture of it all , as pitiful as it is i think it alot of it just boils down to plain old jealousy and Xenophobia , Sky are a radical new team showing how it should be done and people dont like it.

Cycling desperately needs Dave Brailsford/Sky and people of his ilk not the other way around.

Sorry for coming off xenophobic aswell , i got nothing against Spain/Spaniards or anyone else for that matter , its just the whole cycling culture of the Spanish i cant stand , i wish it would come crashing down around them Armstrong style for the sake of the sport.

I know no-one needs examples but the Vuelta just gone was an absolute farcial p.iss take by the top 3 riders.
    Melodrama I guess.
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    Good comeback :?

After adding your posts recently Rodrego, it is pretty apparent you are anti Sky and Brailsford. There are tonnes of other team managers who are complicit in the sports history of doping by remaining silent, or taking no action against those who have been implicated. Why focus on Sky and DB above others?
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    From what I heard he was a disruptive influence at races so now it's all set up maybe fresh blood is needed.

I've heard that too. But then, Manolo Saiz was also very disruptive, especially if you were close to your mum.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.