Skiing is not cool. Proof.

jim453
jim453 Posts: 1,360
edited November 2012 in The bottom bracket
Be aware, this is toe curlingly embarrassing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/winter-sports/20104797

Tragic.

Comments

• If I had a hairstyle like that, it would be toe-curlingly embarrassing.

Ageing is tragic. Being 20 and able to do that stuff is not tragic, regardless of the hair and the 'check out da skillz, i's down wit da kids man' vocabulary.

Sour grapes methinks :)
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • jim453
    If I had a hairstyle like that, it would be toe-curlingly embarrassing.

Ageing is tragic. Being 20 and able to do that stuff is not tragic, regardless of the hair and the 'check out da skillz, i's down wit da kids man' vocabulary.

You're obviously more out of touch than he is.
  • jim453 wrote:
    Of course I am, I'm not a skiier, and I'm 30 years older than he is. :D

Specifically, what am I missing here? What exactly is so embarrassing?
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • jim453
    jim453 wrote:
    Of course I am, I'm 30 years older than he is. :D

Specifically, what am I missing here? What exactly is so embarrassing?

Jesus, you're worse than I thought.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    jim453 wrote:
    If I had a hairstyle like that, it would be toe-curlingly embarrassing.

Really? Are you sure? I suspect it's the other way around. But as an old fart myself I'm not getting into the whole skis vs board debate, especially when I see skills (or should that be "skillz") like that in a branch of a sport that seems to be more and more popular in the resorts that I go to.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    He's exceptionally talented at his chosen sport (and/or activity, since you'll argue it's not sport). He just looks a bit different and speaks like a teenager. So what... We all go out wearing skintight leggings.

Snob.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    He's no worse that the ginger snowboarder bloke....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    Very skilled but speaking as a fanny i know a fellow fanny when i see one....and that boy is weapon grade.
  • jim453
    Very skilled but speaking as a fanny i know a fellow fanny when i see one....and that boy is weapon grade.

I think I agree with you Omar. But I'm not absolutely certain what you're on about.

Do I agree with you?
  • jim453
    ddraver wrote:
    He's no worse that the ginger snowboarder bloke....

I think he's oh so desperate to be like the ginger guy, but isn't.

He's attatched to too many pieces of wood for a start.

Anyway, you guys sound like my wife. She thinks I should lay off the kid too as he's only twenty. At least she agreed he comes across like a total knob though.
  • lostboysaint
    As opposed to you who just sounds like a knob for trying to be too cool.

Post some video up of you on a snowboard and we'll decide. I suspect I know where my money is going.
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • jim453
    As opposed to you who just sounds like a knob for trying to be too cool.

Post some video up of you on a snowboard and we'll decide. I suspect I know where my money is going.

How am I trying to be cool?

Seriously, if you can't see why this guy comes across as a complete bellend then you are beyond help.

Even Rick Chasey is cooler than this idiot.

And, I've never once said he's not good at skiing. Just that he's a complete chode.
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    prized prat. 'Woodsy' that is.

Come on you reds, he's grown up on ski-slopes, his parents are obviously minted and he has never worked a day in his life. Let the hate flow!
  • jim453
    'sayin.
  • ddraver
    Am I getting that youre the only snowboarder left in the world who has a complex about skiers? Most adults (hell, most 4 year olds) got over this 10 years ago mate...
    - @ddraver
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    Yep must be real tragic being that skilled on skis, poor guy!
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    nweststeyn wrote:
    He's exceptionally talented at his chosen sport (and/or activity, since you'll argue it's not sport). He just looks a bit different and speaks like a teenager. So what... We all go out wearing skintight leggings.

Snob.

he's not speaking like a teenager.. he's speaking like a massive tit.
  • jim453
    ddraver wrote:
    Am I getting that youre the only snowboarder left in the world who has a complex about skiers? Most adults (hell, most 4 year olds) got over this 10 years ago mate...

I am not, nor have I ever been, a snowboarder, whatever gave you that idea 'mate'?

I am simply pointing out that Woodsy here is such a colossal tw@t that it defies any reasonable explanation. And by being so, ensures (for me) what I've always assumed to be the case, that skiing is not cool. At all.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Interestingly, the BB regulars appear to be polarised on this topic. I can't imagine why.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    He speaks like that geezer who used to present the British version of "Pimp my ride" which was accutely embarrassing as it was allabout tarting up Nissan Sunnys etc and this sad old guy was talking like a bro' from the hood.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • jim453
    He speaks like that geezer who used to present the British version of "Pimp my ride" which was accutely embarrassing as it was allabout tarting up Nissan Sunnys etc and this sad old guy was talking like a bro' from the hood.

Tim Westwood is zero degrees Kelvin compared to Woodsy.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    The guy's a bell end, but he sure can ski.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Girls, girls, girls - put the handbags away.
    We are very good at producing anoraks, weirdos, spooky people and nuts. I bet if he got arrested for saying 'Hollande is a tw4t', you'd all be up in arms and defending the eccentric Woodsy (remember the plane spotters in Greece?).

Anyways, why does he look like a bloke who went in to Barnardos naked and came out 3 quid lighter ?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • jim453
    Girls, girls, girls - put the handbags away.
    We are very good at producing anoraks, weirdos, spooky people and nuts. I bet if he got arrested for saying 'Hollande is a tw4t', you'd all be up in arms and defending the eccentric Woodsy (remember the plane spotters in Greece?).

Anyways, why does he look like a bloke who went in to Barnardos naked and came out 3 quid lighter ?

What?
  • fish156
    fish156 Posts: 496
    You watched the video, saw how effortlessly he landed the jumps, and you're bickering about the guy's haircut! :roll:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    From what i've seen of professional skiers, this guy is pretty useless.

And a massive tool.

Yeah I'd like to ski like that, but give me just about any US/Canadian or European sponsored skier over that dofus any day of the week.
  • lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    he can talk how he wants he's going to be a winter Olympian.
  • ddraver

:lol::lol::lol:

Stealing that one for my own!

And well said lawrences, he can speak in tongues for all I care...
    - @ddraver
  • lostboysaint
    coriordan wrote:
    From what i've seen of professional skiers, this guy is pretty useless.

And a massive tool.

Yeah I'd like to ski like that, but give me just about any US/Canadian or European sponsored skier over that dofus any day of the week.

Ooops, fail. He's just won the World Cup. Beating most of the US/Canadian skiers that you've just mentioned. From what I've seen of slopestyle skiers, in Canada, there's some awesome talent out there and he's right up there.
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    lawrences wrote:
    he can talk how he wants he's going to be a winter Olympian.

Even while representing (or should that be 'reprazentin''?) dear old Blightly?
  • garryc
    garryc Posts: 203
    Sure he can ski very well, but he does come across as a bit of a tw*t.

Not that it bothers me, as soon as I hear "like" misplaced more than once I just stop listening and go and do something else.