Average you pay for road jersey or shorts?

nolight
nolight Posts: 261
edited October 2012 in Road beginners
On average how much do you pay for a road cycling jersey (I normally go for short sleeve) or shorts with padding?

Comments

• andyk19
    andyk19 Posts: 170
    £30-£40 for a Jersey (I usually look from something reduced) and £40-£50 on shorts (again with some sort of reduction).
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    I'd look at £30-60 for a Jersey.

£50-100 for shorts.
  • rich164h
    rich164h Posts: 433
    Petty much the same for me. £20-40 for a jersey and £50-75 for bib shorts.

I almost always go for heavily discounted items though, so the rrp of what I'm buying is higher than that. To be honest there's pretty much no reason to pay full price for any cycling item, either clothes or equipment unless it's something really specific that you're after. There's so much competition that someone is always reducing what you want.
  • I've paid about the same from £10 from Sports Direct to £20 from Aldi and £30 from Wiggle. My parents bought me the special edition yellow Team Sky shirt for my birthday £65...good job because I wouldn't pay that much.
  • I've got £20 stuff from Aldi, £90 stuff from Castelli and bits in between. Can't be bothered to work out the mean, but the median would be £35(I think?).
  • FlacVest
    FlacVest Posts: 100
    Meh, 40 bucks max for either; more for shorts as those improve comfort. The jersey would be for aesthetics... so I only need 1 or 2.
  • £10-£20 for a jersey from the likes of cycle-clothing.co.uk as it's just a functional bit of kit that sits over a decent wicking base layer and ~£100 for shorts as it's my most critical contact point so no point skimping.
  • I try to spend about £30 on a jersey. When I find something I like I usually Google the product's name as it's nearly always cheaper somewhere else. I've bought some good shorts with nice padding for about £20 but I also have some bib shorts that I think were a bit more (birthday present) - I think it's definitely worth spending more on them.

I don't own any long-sleeved jerseys as I can just wear my short-sleeved ones all year round with the addition of my arm warmers. I spent £25 on them which is probably a bit much but I wanted Team Sky ones and they are very nice and soft inside.
  • £50 - Bib tights
    £35 - Shorts
    £20 - Jersey
    Bianchi infinito 2012
    Specialized Secteur
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Oh dear! Short Sleeve jerseys average about £60, bib shorts about £120.
  • £30 for a Jersey
    £50 for Bibs

Each time I get new ones I spend a little more. Also, I find buying cheaper ones can be false economy due to quality and fit
  • nmcgann
    nmcgann Posts: 1,780
    SS jersey up to £50, bibs £50-£75. That price-point gets good quality and comfort.
    --
    "Because the cycling is pain. The cycling is soul crushing pain."
  • pheez
    pheez Posts: 8
    I would pay

£30/40 jersey
    £50/60 shorts

I Always shop around and last year I got my summer stuff in the winter and got some great bargains.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Oh dear here too!