This isn't over, not by a long chalk....

arthur_scrimshaw
arthur_scrimshaw Posts: 2,596
edited November 2012 in The bottom bracket
Glitter arrested in Savile inquiry

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20114378

Comments

• my money is also on Terry Nutkins - its the hair :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    that odd inter school challenge programme "we are the champions" must be suspect!
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • Noel Edmunds. Tony Blackburn
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Smashy and Nicey .
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    Halloween costume ideas have never been easier.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    When they all get banged up, there will be some very happy inmates as they will have plenty of bitches for comfort.
    Ooooh forgot, what about all those dodgy Catholic priests ?
    Or do we put them all on an offshore prison boat ? Now what can we name it ? Hmmm... let me see...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • chaos75
    chaos75 Posts: 72
    I bet Beadle was involved. Not majorly but I'm sure he had a small hand in it.
  • chaos75 wrote:
    I bet Beadle was involved. Not majorly but I'm sure he had a small hand in it.

groan! :mrgreen:
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,685
    I understand that Matthew Corbett has fingered Sooty.
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    And fisted sweep I heard.
  • my money is also on Terry Nutkins - its the hair :D

Well, they'll have to dig him up first... Still, Nutkins had a *very* interesting life!

Seriously, this is a HUGE can of worms that they've opened. Expect a lot of surprising arrests to happen in the coming (pardon the pun) weeks. This could be as big as the phone hacking thing. Certainly a lot more damaging.
  • nevman
    Timmy Mallet.in fact anyone in children's television.apart from john noakes.

Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • Peter Purves, for using such an arrogant name....
  • In light of what's now being revealed, when I see the video of Savile and listen to his utterings it makes me feel physically sick.

What a horrible being.

Too think I just thought he was a bit of an odd un.

I bet there are a fair few celebs from the 60s/70s dredging their memory banks an bricking it at the minute. I just hope they get every last one of 'em.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    I re-watched the Louis Theroux doco on him last week. And yes, in light of current knowledge, it's all too easy to see.

But its easy to say that.
  • yes there are fundamental issues of accountability , inside all the organisations in which he basically did what he liked, the power of 'celebrity', but ultimately he felt invulnerable,that shows how badly reform is needed throughout institutions,the fancy word is governance these days-- when you consider that in 1987 a comedian jerry sadowitz called it bang on the money.

No doubt many will deny any idea, that may be the case, but the unfettered way in which he was able to waltz through the BBC, NHS, the Govt does ask more questions.......
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    The number of people coming forward to say that they were abused is getting rather higher than reason will allow, considering that they all kept it quiet this long. Are some thinking 'compensation' I wonder?

The older I get, the better I was.

• On the flip side, I'm sure all the money he raised for charity will be given back by those organisations who benefited so much from all his hard work.....

Interesting dilemma there, perhaps?
  • Capt Slog wrote:
    The number of people coming forward to say that they were abused is getting rather higher than reason will allow, considering that they all kept it quiet this long. Are some thinking 'compensation' I wonder?

this is not uncommon in abuse cases, what is unusual was his access to so many vulnerable people over so many years, and as has been shown-- he never was stopped from doing it for sixty odd years, so do the maths-- i would expect under reporting, its not compensation -- its called getting it off your 'chest'- closure- righting a wrong- .
  • nevman wrote:
    Timmy Mallet..

Good call. "It's Wac-a-Day" - at least I think thats what he said. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • nevman

Sue has now made a disclosure,but I can`t tell you what she said.

Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • Paul Daniels.

Where do you think his saying came from?
    "You'll like this, but not a lot"
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Reading this, I'm starting to believe David Icke might not be so crazy after all...

http://www.tom-watson.co.uk/2012/10/a-l ... odays-pmqs
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Capt Slog wrote:

I'm Spartacas !
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • lemon63
    lemon63 Posts: 253
    Please don't let it be Roy Wood or Noddy Holder - christmas just won't be the same :?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Very interesting comments from the Director of Children in Need about

"Not wanting that paedo anywhere near us, but we had no hard evidence"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-20120302
  • "Not wanting that paedo anywhere near us, but we had no hard evidence"

an apt turn of phrase....
    Audi Quattro
    Planet X SL Carbon Pro
  • Owz about this lads & lasses?
    394999_3663855968898_1523438487_n.jpg
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.