cannondale which one?

1wjn
1wjn Posts: 23
edited October 2012 in Road beginners
HI. this all new new to me joining bikeradr i have had bikes for many years just to ride for pleasure but im confused on what bike to buy! im a trek,cannondale and narrawed it down caad10 2012 with shimnao 105 or synapse carbon with 105 as in the sale heavily discounted! help me I'm having sleepless nights :(

Comments

• Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Have you tried either one? The CAAD10 uses racier geometry than the more upright Synapse. Get which ever is a better fit.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • Foyzy
    Foyzy Posts: 38
    If you can stretch to it, get the Supersix with 105. Superb bike.
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    If it's pleasure riding over longer distances I'd get the Synapse. The others have a more aggressive position and you may not find them as comfortable. Supersix looks fantastic mind you.
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • 1wjn
    Grill wrote:
    Have you tried either one? The CAAD10 uses racier geometry than the more upright Synapse. Get which ever is a better fit.
    ive had the synapse and loved it! but i have to take a chance and buy the caad10 online as no demo bikes locally
  • 1wjn
    Foyzy wrote:
    If you can stretch to it, get the Supersix with 105. Superb bike.

no im stretching at this maybe £1200-£1300 tops so i am limited i guess
  • 1wjn
    unixnerd wrote:
    If it's pleasure riding over longer distances I'd get the Synapse. The others have a more aggressive position and you may not find them as comfortable. Supersix looks fantastic mind you.
    yes ive had synapse before and liked it, but the caad10 i have to purchase online as no demo bikes locally i only want it of shorter rides
  • vfast1
    vfast1 Posts: 98
    Stretch it to 1349 and you can get a supersix 105! Ive just bought one and love it!
    Winter Road - 2014 Boardman Sport
    MTB - 2012 Canyon Nerve XC 7
    Summer Road - 2012 Cannondale Supersix 105 Liquigas Colours
  • 1wjn
    vfast1 wrote:
    Stretch it to 1349 and you can get a supersix 105! Ive just bought one and love it!
    where from? or synapse carbon im confused
  • vfast1
    vfast1 Posts: 98
    Just google it. There's a few selling it for 1349. just depends if they've got your size.
    Winter Road - 2014 Boardman Sport
    MTB - 2012 Canyon Nerve XC 7
    Summer Road - 2012 Cannondale Supersix 105 Liquigas Colours
  • Burt25
    Burt25 Posts: 117
    vfast1 wrote:
    Just google it. There's a few selling it for 1349. just depends if they've got your size.

You can also get a synapse carbon 105 for £1349- I bought one yesterday ;)
  • 1wjn
    I'm unsure of to buy caad10 2012 or synapse carbon both shimano 105! Only want for quick blasts my longest ride is London to Brighton every year! I'm confused
  • essjaydee
    essjaydee Posts: 917
    1wjn wrote:
    I'm unsure of to buy caad10 2012 or synapse carbon both shimano 105! Only want for quick blasts my longest ride is London to Brighton every year! I'm confused
    1wjn wrote:
    unixnerd wrote:
    yes ive had synapse before and liked it, but the caad10 i have to purchase online as no demo bikes locally i only want it of shorter rides

You have answered your own question :!:
    Buy the synapse, as you had one before and liked it, and no more sleepless nights :wink:
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    CAAD 10 is full on race bike geometry and Aluminium frame (arguable the best one) whereas the Synapse is a more forgiving geometry and in carbon in the instance you quote (you can also get it in aluminium).

So its all about what fits you best and which one you prefer to ride. The 10 consistently gets rave reviews and is quoted as being a better ride feel/quality than carbon frames in the sub £1500 range..

If you can not test both it's a lottery as no-one can tell you which one you will prefer or suits you.

They are both very good bikes for the money.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • 1wjn
    smidsy wrote:
    CAAD 10 is full on race bike geometry and Aluminium frame (arguable the best one) whereas the Synapse is a more forgiving geometry and in carbon in the instance you quote (you can also get it in aluminium).

So its all about what fits you best and which one you prefer to ride. The 10 consistently gets rave reviews and is quoted as being a better ride feel/quality than carbon frames in the sub £1500 range..

If you can not test both it's a lottery as no-one can tell you which one you will prefer or suits you.

They are both very good bikes for the money.
    But had trek 1.5 alpha and liked, Still thinking caad10