Finally

damov2
damov2 Posts: 66
edited October 2012 in Road beginners
First post in the road section, been deliberating on a road bike for while now and when my company announced they would be offering a ride2work service I decided to opt in.

I went all out and bought 2013 eddy Merckx amx1, below is the little beauty.
8126032073_18457842c6.jpg

I bought some 105 spd sl pedals and spiuk shoes, now I've just got to get used to getting my feet on and off the pedals without me laying on the ground. :P it was so much easier with the flats! Hoping to get out on Sunday for a maiden voyage.

Comments

• NICE
    I was looking at a Merckx in a shop the other day it was reduced from £2000 to £1200 and it was full carbon and had Full Shimano 105. Bargain.

Have fun on Sunday, hope the weather is good for you
  • dashik
    dashik Posts: 156
    Nice, You do know the Velominati will be along shortly to correct your picture and offer advice for the proper photoshoot for the new bike according to 'The Rules' don't you?

In the meantime let me refer you to here :Dviewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12618247

:wink:
  • pinarellokid
    pinarellokid Posts: 1,208
    awesome ride fella.. you enjoy it and let us all know how you get on.

got a nice 15 mile on sat and a 40 on sunday planned myself ;)
    Specialized S Works SL2 . Campagnolo Record 11spd. rolling on Campag Zonda wheels

http://app.strava.com/athletes/881211
  • damov2
    Dashik wrote:
    Nice, You do know the Velominati will be along shortly to correct your picture and offer advice for the proper photoshoot for the new bike according to 'The Rules' don't you?

Well slap on wrist for me (not to hard as I want ride my new bike on Sunday) at least I know for next time :lol::lol:
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    Very nice. You might want to rotate the handle bars up a few degrees though, they're a touch out I'd say.
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    unixnerd wrote:
    Very nice. You might want to rotate the handle bars up a few degrees though, they're a touch out I'd say.
    Nope. Parallel to the floor pretty much so about right. Depends more on your reach tbh.
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    I agree they should be parallel to the floor but they don't look that way in the photo. Maybe it's just me! Still a nice bike either way.
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • lotus49
    lotus49 Posts: 763
    edited October 2012
    Dashik wrote:

The Velominati would also not approve of your stem not being slammed either but it is indeed a nice bike.
  • damov2
    Managed to get out on a maiden voyage today! went out early hoping to miss the rain here's the Strava route http://app.strava.com/rides/26278566. May need to make sum adjustments to the fit as I got a little hand pain towards the end of the ride. One massive bonus is I didn't fall off at traffic lights :D
  • FlacVest
    FlacVest Posts: 100
    damov2 wrote:
    Managed to get out on a maiden voyage today! went out early hoping to miss the rain here's the Strava route http://app.strava.com/rides/26278566. May need to make sum adjustments to the fit as I got a little hand pain towards the end of the ride. One massive bonus is I didn't fall off at traffic lights :D

Good stuff; do you wear gloves? I found that I'd have tingling in the hand if I either a), didn't wear gloves, or b), drank too much during the ride.

If you don't already, try drinking a bit before the ride and towards the end; or when your mouth is dry and you feel "thirsty". I used to drink because I sweat, and I'd dilute my blood and get tingling in my right hand. Hasn't happened since I started drinking less, at the beginning and ends.

But that's for tingling; if it's pain, then you'll need to make some adjustments.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    unixnerd wrote:

I thought the same thing when I saw the photo; looks like the bars are slightly over -rotated so the ends of the drops have gone beyond horizontal and are starting to curve upwards.

Sort that out and it would bring the hoods up a bit too.
  • damov2
    Will have at look at that later in the week, I wonder if that could have been the cause of my hand pain?
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Never mind the Velominati - you're blocking the fire exit !

Very nice fire hazard though....
  • Can we stop talking about the Velominati please? Old/bad jokes tend to go away if people stop talking about them. Nice bike, by the way! ;)