New entry into the Oxford English Dictionary

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,355
edited October 2012 in The bottom bracket
Clunge noun meaning: person (male or female) with poor sense of geography, of very low intelligence who have tandancy to wear tracksuits in public. Clungers (plural) can usually be seen gathering in large numbers, often smoking and drinking in public in towns and cities accross the United Kingdom. Clungers use profanities at will thereby passing on this vernacular art to their numerous offspring at an early age, preparing them for a life of benefits, benefit scams and delinquency. Clungers also tend to stare frequently at passers by and uttering sentiments like 'Wot tha fack ahh yew lookin at?".

This thread is a testament to the huge influence on the film and television industry Clungers have had over the years. For example:

The Good the Bad and the Clungy

Sparticlunge

Nightmare on Clunge Street

One man and his Clunge...
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• lemon63
    lemon63 Posts: 253
    Sorry to rain on your parade but it already exists - it means tw@t, sn@tch...... etc
  • pinno
    lemon63 wrote:
    Sorry to rain on your parade but it already exists - it means tw@t, sn@tch...... etc

You have rained on my parade... :(

Forget that, I have changed the meaning. We have plenty of adjectives for the female anatomy and very few for the above.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Thanks for clearing that up. Every day's a schoolday, it turns out
  • i remember it in this - my scotch isnt up to much so the only word I understood was clunge. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    my scotch isnt up to much
    Come on, you can buy decent whisky anywhere these days
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Nominate - Botley!

Not only a suburb of Orxford, but also an expletive to be used when a gentleman friend spills an alcoholic beverage onto light coloured slacks (trousers) in the crotch area therefore giving the innocent appearance of p***ing one's self.
  • pinno
    RonB wrote:
    Nominate - Botley!

Not only a suburb of Orxford, but also an expletive to be used when a gentleman friend spills an alcoholic beverage onto light coloured slacks (trousers) in the crotch area therefore giving the innocent appearance of p***ing one's self.

Up here we just call it seepage. Quite common after 16 pints of heavy and a few whiskey chasers.