Helicoil fitting West Mids area.

addnort
addnort Posts: 7
edited October 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Anyone know where i can get a helicoil insert fitted in the west mids pedal thread on crank has been stripped bear on dont really want to buy a new x9 chainset as mines only a month old please help ?

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Not sure if you can helipcoil it if it's the drive side as you need a left hand thread, non drive you have a better chance.

Try yell.com for local 'engineering services'.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    addnort wrote:
    Anyone know where i can get a helicoil insert fitted in the west mids pedal thread on crank has been stripped bear on dont really want to buy a new x9 chainset as mines only a month old please help ?
    any good bike shop should have the kit to sort it.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • I have phoned about 4 they just say I need a new chainset would rather not if I don't have to
  • For how much u would pay to have one fitted you could buy a single size kit from FWB they arnt hard to fit
  • Bump
    Or anywhere just don't want have to spend £150 on a new chainset
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/sram-truvativ ... 3ccbae79fa

There is a chap in Warwickshire that does that sort of work....not sure where he's based but it's to the East of Leamington Spa.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.