The '****. Is it Only Wednesday?' Thread

Clank
Clank Posts: 2,323
edited October 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Mornin' window lickers

I really want this week to end. Can we stop it now? Seriously?

On a positve note, a) we now begin the gradual slide towards the weekend and b) things can only get better from here!

Onwards! To caffiene! And two days doing what I want to be doing! .......eventually....
How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.

Comments

• ol\'gregg
    ol\'gregg Posts: 612
    Morning 'tards

Still feeling a bit s**t after the break up. as not only did i lose my better half and my home but also seem to have lost my social life along the way. Been surviving on about 2 hours sleep a night since it happened and work is getting to the point where i just want to walk out.

On a more positive note i won a roof rack and 2 cycle carriers for my beetle for £33 on ebay.
    gochel chan ddynion i mewn blew beisiau achos hwy cadernid bod eirth
  • Morning Losers!

I too am at the point I want to walk out of work. Went in yesterday, after a full day training, to find out people are asking questions about what needs doing, that I'm not communicating things enough blah blah blah. Then, I had a go at my minion for basically not being a moody ar$e like me, and there being nobody else to moan to (I've since apologised).
    Today, more training and then test time. I've failed the last 3 Apple tests I did, is it 4th time lucky? Find out later...

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Wow, it's cheery in here this morning, hope things start to sort themselves out for you guys.

Was woken by the housemate's fucking dog this morning. Turns out she got the dog then decided she really can't be arsed to get up in the morning to let it out, feed it or walk it so it just whines and barks :roll: Today is uni meh but I have a hockey match instead so it's a day off really, which is why I'm so pissed off by that dog ruining my lie in :evil:

Laters
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    What a slow week. Half commute today as left my car at a mates, but 15 miles is better than none.

Lots of meh today
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    I’m feeling surprisingly cheery this morning, in contrast to the general mood around here. A good gym session last night has left the legs feeling tired but I’ve just got a day of sitting in my office planned so plenty time to recover.

Did have to laugh at the cyclist I passed on the road in this morning. For some reason he had fitted a rear light underneath his rear mudguard on his DH style bike so it could only be seen side-on.

Digestives and tea for now until cake making minion makes more cake.

Later……
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    FUCK

Hopes of a pre-hockey ride have been ruined by my stupid fucking housemate who has buggered off with the back door key and the shed key. I'm in the mood to kill.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    ol\'gregg wrote:
    Morning 'tards

Still feeling a bit s**t after the break up. as not only did i lose my better half and my home but also seem to have lost my social life along the way. Been surviving on about 2 hours sleep a night since it happened and work is getting to the point where i just want to walk out.

On a more positive note i won a roof rack and 2 cycle carriers for my beetle for £33 on ebay.

Cheer up buddy time heals all. good stuff about the roof rack - new or old beetle?
  • ol\'gregg
    ol\'gregg Posts: 612
    MTB_TR wrote:
    ol\'gregg wrote:
    Morning 'tards

Cheer up buddy time heals all. good stuff about the roof rack - new or old beetle?

Cheers mate. I'm getting there. It's for a new beetle. Had a '69 beetle previously just can't afford the upkeep of one these days
    gochel chan ddynion i mewn blew beisiau achos hwy cadernid bod eirth
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Morning All

Gosh! it is dreary these days in Sunny Sheffield.

On the bright side there's this new track like an all weather footy pitch been constructed nearby that is quite fun to do laps on Jumps berms etc and 20mins to do a lap
    P1000741-225x300.jpg

So we can ride in this damp clagg with out the mud and crap you get when in the Peaks
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning!
    Went to a rocking gig last night, and found out Deftones and Anberlin are playing in Nottingham next year.
    So this morning has been expensive! I now have tickets for both, just waiting for the Finch tickets to go on sale next week now!
    Work yawn, hair chopper later... and sleep coz I'm fried!

Kisses
    FoxC
  • mintedox
    mintedox Posts: 273
    Morning

Off work all week with a chest infection, over the worst of it but my workmate is worried I might kill his unborn child if i go in. Yeah.
    Crazy toothache, ex mrs is making it impossible for me to see my 18 month old lad. My dog stinks.

Rah
    Papa? Nicole
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    foxc_uk wrote:
    'ning!
    Went to a rocking gig last night, and found out Deftones and Anberlin are playing in Nottingham next year.
    So this morning has been expensive! I now have tickets for both, just waiting for the Finch tickets to go on sale next week now!

Kisses
    FoxC

Wow, I didn't realise it was still 2002!
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Morning Mongs!

DIY disaster last night. Started to move the dresser away from the kitchen wall, only to hear strange sounds of twisting wood. Turned out the back legs had snapped when wife & others had moved it for the central heating but hadn't bothered to tell me. This meant that I had to hold it up one handed whilst shoving stuff under it to stop it falling sideways and knocking the radiator off the wall. Had to cut the remaining legs off so that I could put everything back in. Now need to build a plinth for it, so more work.

I'm half asleep and want to go home.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Cor! Its like an online episode of Jeremy Kyle!

Hope evryones issues, ills and general bother are all helped by the impending appearance of the Weekend!

Had to get some stodge from Gr*ggs this morning as penance for winning the vote for being the most useless employee of the month, nice and full with pasty and doughnut now so trip to the gym this pm may see the gym floor nicely decorated.

Love to all!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,422
    Afternoon Cruddites,

Been out on the roadie bike this morning for a ride through the mist & gloom. Not too bad once I got going and blew the cobwebs away.

Been chasing jobs again but apart from an interview lined up for 2 weeks time it's like wading through treacle. I actually want to get back to work now :shock: - that's wierd I know. At least I've got beer 'n' curry lined up with a mate this evening and we can talk bollox about bikes as well :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    EH_Rob wrote:
    foxc_uk wrote:
    'ning!

Kisses
    FoxC

Yep still 23 in my head. Definitely.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    ps on it in Cardiff for an all dayer tomorrow! Hope Gazlar has left some stalking opportunities!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Morning mingers...

Just been on a speed awareness course, I will not speed ever again...

The rest of today is catching up with the stuff I should have done this morning...

chin up ol\'gregg hope you feel better soon...
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Anyone fancy uplift at Antur Stiniog next Thur/Fri You can still post in here via Iphone etc if you feel that a day away is too much.
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    edited October 2012
    foxc_uk wrote:
    EH_Rob wrote:
    foxc_uk wrote:
    'ning!

Kisses
    FoxC

Yep still 23 in my head. Definitely.

Haha! Finch were rubbish then so I'm sure they're still rubbish now. Can't believe they're still going*.

EDIT* - don't let me pee on your chips, I like loads of stuff everyone else thinks is crap. Like Sikth.
  • Morning homos.

Took the new forks down the LBS at lunchtime and got them to chop down the steerer, and fit the crown race and the star nut. Will be finishing off the bike when I get home tonight.

Just taken delivery of some SLX shifters too, which are the first stage of the switch over from SRAM to Shimano on the reed. Next step is an XT mech with clutch and some XT brakes.
  • Today, more training and then test time. I've failed the last 3 Apple tests I did, is it 4th time lucky? Find out later...
    Nope.
    Failed.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Dull day today, apparently we aren't allowed to laugh in the office so I spent the day watching MTB vids on YouTube.

Can't wait for the weekend, hoping there will be some cnuts available for a ride.