Lapierre Spicy build complete...

SGTMASON
SGTMASON Posts: 42
edited April 2013 in Your mountain bikes
Bought the frame a couple of months ago before i went on back home to Oz on holiday and have now finally got round to building it up...
Managed to get some original 'touch-up' paint and sorted out the chips/scratches. Then finished with a final paint T-cutting and helitape covering session.
Didn't have any press fitting tools, so the Hope head set and Truvativ BB were gently fitted with a wood block and mallet! :lol:
Went in fine... :wink:
Used the Hope AM4/ZTR Flow wheel-set, Hope stem and RockShox Reverb post from my old Marin hardtail and then added all the rest of the parts I had stock piled during my Scott Ransom build, like the Crankset, Saddle, Jag-wiring, pedals, stem spacers etc etc....
I had alot of the parts stashed away so the build has only cost me around £1100 with the used frame, new fork, new brakes and new shifters etc...

Full List of Specs...

2010 Lapierre Spicy 216
Frame: Alloy SL Hydroformed / OST 160mm
Rear Shock: Fox Float R 216x63 XV for Lapierre
Fork: RockShox Domain 318 160mm with 20mm Maxle Lite Thru Axle (Picked it up NOS for £180!!!)
Front Derailleur: Shimano SLX
Rear Derailleur: SRAM X0
Shifters: SRAM X0 Trigger
Chainset: Truvativ Noir Carbon Triple Crank Set converted to a double chain ring
Chainrings: 36/22 Tooth Chainrings
Bash Guard: Blackspire Dewlie Double C4 Black/Green combo
Bottom Bracket: Truvativ GXP press fit
Cassette: SRAM PG 980 11-34 Tooth range/Black alloy spider
Chain: SRAM PC 991
Pedals: Silver DMR V8 Flats in Acid Green/Black
Front Brake: Hope Tech M4 "Special Edition" Black/Green 203mm Rotor
Rear Brake: Hope Tech M4 "Special Edition" Black/Green 183mm Rotor
Handlebars: Nukeproof Warhead 760mm with 20mm Rise
Stem: Hope FR 70mm/0mm Deg
Headset: Hope Semi Integrated 1.1/8"
Grips: Token Black/Green lock-on
Rims: Stans ZTR Flow
Front Hub: Hope Pro3 SP-AM4 20mm Maxle Lite Thru Axle
Rear Hub: Hope Hoops Pro3 SP-AM4 QR Axle
Spokes: DT Swiss competition double butted spokes with Brass Nipples
Front Tyre: Continental Rubber Queen 26 x 2.2 Folding/Black Chilli/UST (Tubeless Fitted)
Rear Tyre: Continental Rubber Queen 26 x 2.2 Folding/Black Chilli/UST (Tubeless Fitted)
Saddle: Fizik Gobi XM K:Ium
Seatpost: RockShox Reverb 125mm Dropper 30.9/380mm with 31.6 shim
Weight: 30lbs approx

img2400l.jpg

img2400l.th.jpg

img2405na.jpg

img2405na.th.jpg

img2428np.jpg

img2428np.th.jpg

I've always loved that colour version of the 2010 Spicy and longed for one for ages...
And it's come up real nice after all the 'touch-up' painting and t-cutting and now i'm desperate for this crappy weather to lay off so i can test it out... :cry:

Comments