What are you listening to?

thomthom
thomthom Posts: 3,574
edited July 2014 in The cake stop
How come I can't find any decent music thead other than the 'song title'-one? Which is basically just a game, eh ;)

Surely every respected forum should have a thread to post, request and dicuss music. Be that new or old releases, live concerts, youtube clips and so on..

Comments

• Lacuna Coil, Rammstein, Ensiferum, Fear Factory. All good stuff to get the heart pumping and fire up your ride :D
  • thomthom
    edited September 2012
    Get in. Thread is already rolling! ALIHISGREAT, you're quite right. Definitely not my cup of tea! I have always wanted to.. how do I say this politely.. stab Akon beyond recognition with a needle and swap his eyeballs out with his testies... :)

I recently bought myself the new Grizzly Bear album. Brilliant stuff.
    'Yet Again' from 'Shields'.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bteY_fs3Y18
  • thomthom
    I've just subscribed to a youtube channel named LaBlogotheque. They make a lot of various live concerts with a lot of different acts, mainly in the heart of Paris.

This one is just brilliant. Yeasayer doing '2080' in a random french apartment without any instruments but the piano which is already in the apartment. Very special but really authentic. Brilliant song in its original as well btw.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8llsiEIvvM0&t=1m13s
  • Try a band called Gun Club Cemetery, not as grim as the name might suggest. They have just released their EP so are very much just launching themselves but we'll worth a listen.
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Ultravox's new album called Brilliant.

It's pretty good, and some of the songs sound like their old stuff :D

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • byke68
    byke68 Posts: 1,070
    Been listening to the second NDE album, the All Hail The Transending Ghost album and some DarkThrone. 8)
    Cannondale Trail 6 - crap brakes!
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • Radio3.This morning, Cerys on 6Music (she could read out the dictionary and I would listen to every syllable). Then some old jazz and blues. Now - Planet Rock.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,025
    Lana Del Rey - Blue Jeans (Gesaffelstein Remix)

and the new XX album has been on repeat for a while too now.

Was very keen on the previous album and was a little sceptical about how they could really add much to what is a particularly sparse sound but I'm really enjoying it and think they have. Certainly more sophisicated and more developed (though they do take 'enough is a good as a feast' a little too far at times) than the previous album but without losing it's lovely dawn atmosphere.
  • thomthom
    Thought the first album was really good. The new one not so much. Genuinely bored by it :/

Speaking of remixes and The XX

This little beauty is the best remix I've ever heard - partly because it involves one of my favorite bands..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNKXBaIKIUE
  • gmb
    gmb Posts: 456
    I've recently become aware of The Knife and Karen's solo project Fever Ray.

I can't stop listening to The Knife's Silent Shout and the self titled Fever Ray album - absolutely brilliant.
    Trying Is The First Step Towards Failure

De Rosa Milanino :-
    http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab78 ... -00148.jpg
  • GMB wrote:
    I've recently become aware of The Knife and Karen's solo project Fever Ray.

I can't stop listening to The Knife's Silent Shout and the self titled Fever Ray album - absolutely brilliant.

I love The Knife and managed to catch Fever Ray live twice. Probably the best live band(s) for an original all-out audio visual experience. The two of them are back together and recording the new The Knife LP - due out late this year. Can’t wait!

It’s at this time of year that I start listening to my drone/modern classical/ambient stuff. 45 minute tracks that don’t do much. I love it ;-)
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    The rustle of a packet of Wotsits.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • I'm liking Jake Bugg at the minute!
  • I like this at the moment....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u1ueZS8O6Ss

I'm also partial to a bit of Lucy Rose's song Bikes.
  • GMB wrote:
    Probably the best live band(s) for an original all-out audio visual experience.

you misspelled DJ Yoda.
  • thomthom
    New album out and it's brilliant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLFyskA0e7Y
  • Oasis still - What's the story is in the car at the moment. I like anything I can remember growing up!
  • byke68
    byke68 Posts: 1,070
    Intelligence & Sacrifice - Alec Empire, brought it on Saturday, wished I brought it when it came out in 2002
    Cannondale Trail 6 - crap brakes!
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • Thin lizzy, still in love with you
    music on shuffle, just before that "O Mio Babbino Caro"
    no idea what will be next
  • noodleman
    noodleman Posts: 852
    Listening to Pendulum live at Brixton. Great album to run to or listen to in the gym.
    argon 18 e116 2013 Vision Metron 80
    Bianchi Oltre XR Sram Red E-tap, Fulcrum racing speed xlr
    De Rosa SK pininfarina disc
    S Works Tarmac e-tap 2017
    Rose pro sl disc
  • jawooga
    jawooga Posts: 530
    Eyorerox wrote:
    "O Mio Babbino Caro"

Lovely song. I'm always reminded of the film Very Annie Mary, which is an excellent watch.

I have had the film Surf's Up on in the background today, and at one point Welcome to Paradise by Green day kicked in. Dookie was a brilliant album.

I'm listening to a lot of Jonny Cash at the moment on my phone - sounds brilliant through earphones, but a little depressing.

I enjoy story tellers and am a big fan of Simon & Garfunkle. The sort of music I that has grown on me in the last couple of years is people like The Streets and Lily Allen (though I've only heard her first album).
  • byke68 wrote:
    Intelligence & Sacrifice - Alec Empire, brought it on Saturday, wished I brought it when it came out in 2002

Used to listen to Atari teenage riot in my mad days. Crazy stuff!!!
  • heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,067
    Today I have mostly been listening to Creedence, Crosby Stills and Nash and Charlie Pride. It's been a day of americana and country vibes for me.
  • thomthom
    This is absolutely incredible. The development from 0:30-0:50!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMhLiBYZDfc
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    My daughter has recently discovered my 'Jam' albums and loves them, so we're working our way through them at the moment. 'The Eton Rifles' and 'The Butterfly Collector' are her favourites at the moment.

Thirty years on and their music holds up really well!!
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,362
    Crackle - The Best of Bauhaus
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    What I love about music is that one man's 'amazing' is another man's 'dull'... Ive just been listening to Young, Stupid and White by CNN (X-CNN)
  • thomthom
    The new Daughter album is ridiculous. Go buy it.