Knog rear lights, any good???

lee170
lee170 Posts: 236
edited October 2012 in Commuting general
Hi all,
My trusted cateye ld600 is finally losing the plot after a good few years,
Switches off whilst riding and as I commute on a dual carriageway with no cycle path it's pretty dangerous having no rear light.
I have looked at the new cateye ld610 which looks ok but I really like the look of the knog lights,
Are they any good? Bright enough?
2015 orange crush
2015 cannondale super six evo

Comments

• My Knog Skink rear has been going for 3 years. They are bright enough and have enough blinking options (all on, slow blink, rapid blink, and sequential).
    Had a couple battery problems (it's not as waterproof as it looks) but a dry out and batt. replacement fixed it. Its a good idea to have two sets of lights in any event so you are almost certain never to be without..
  • I have a knog as a 2nd light (attached to my backpack). Don't know what model, was given to me.
    I don't think they are good enough as a main light. (I have a LD600)
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • Eyon
    Eyon Posts: 623
    I use the 3 LED one for the rear on my bike, plenty bright enough and lasts a long while between battery changes
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    edited October 2012
    They are a backup light, the new ones might be better, the blinder ? I have found Knogs very susceptible to moisture, despite looking well sealed. I've had a Toad and ditched it as the switch would go bonkers with the slightest rain. Would always work again after a few hours on the radiator.
  • got a set of boomers fecking stunning
  • sigorman85
    sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
    Got a set the other day 10/10 for what they are happy happy!
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2
  • notnot
    notnot Posts: 284
    Lots of different models of knog. I got strobes - not bright enough for me to be happy using them as my only rears.
  • I've got a Knog Blinder. Its a excellent light. Very bright, but give almost no side visibility so I use it in conjunction a say Cateye rapid 3 or 5