Head doctor fitting issues

Rolling Thunder
Rolling Thunder Posts: 42
edited October 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi has anyone had any problems getting one of these buggers to fit, I have the wedge dangling down, it just looks too wide for the steerer tube, id say about 1mm, are big grippers required to really squeeze in the o ring part?? The YouTube video has the guy just push it in with his fingers! I think I could beat it with a hammer and it would just mash the fitting, which is tempting!!! Any tips appreciated.

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Simple. Hold in hand and then launch it as far as you can. Then fit a star nut. Done
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Hi has anyone had any problems getting one of these buggers to fit, I have the wedge dangling down, it just looks too wide for the steerer tube, id say about 1mm, are big grippers required to really squeeze in the o ring part?? The YouTube video has the guy just push it in with his fingers! I think I could beat it with a hammer and it would just mash the fitting, which is tempting!!! Any tips appreciated.
    they are not a one size fit all thing.

but as above. fit a starnut.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • sigorman85
    sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
    keep the top cap and bin the rest
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2
  • Cheers, looks like star nut is the answer!